X-Men: Days of Future Past 3D - In theaters May 23rd, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past to change a major historical event that could globally impact man and mutant kind.
With: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Ellen Page, Shawn Ashmore
and: James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage,

Trailer:

#1:

Attachments

• X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
One thing I didn't understand about about the timeline, and going back to the end of The Wolverine....

how is Charles still alive after X3?

I understand that DOFP may have undone X3, but why is he there in The Wolverine or in the future in DOFP - they never explained that, did they?

One thing I didn't understand about about the timeline, and going back to the end of The Wolverine....

I understand that DOFP may have undone X3, but why is he there in The Wolverine or in the future in DOFP - they never explained that, did they?

there is a post credit scene at the end of x3 that explains that
Essential he projects good consciousness into his comatose twin brothers body

So-so movie. I liked the humour parts and James McAvoy's acting but overall, it is not a movie I would watch again unlike Captain America or Amazing Spider-man 2.

Last edited:

there is a post credit scene at the end of x3 that explains that
Essential he projects good consciousness into his comatose twin brothers body

[SPOIL="Why is this even a spoiler"]Who was also shot in the spin and became a paraplegic apparently [/SPOIL]

It's everything it promised to be the merging of both cast's the action scenes & 3D and apart from the mentioned plot holes and a few continuity errors i really enjoyed it one of my top 3 movies so far this year.

I watched this on Saturday with my wife and we were both impressed, especially with the acting from Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy. Yes, Hugh Jackman was at his usual best, but that goes without saying.

This X-Men movie was the best so far yet, to echo the sentiments of others on this thread. I have 2 gripes:

1. Halle Berry felt underused as Storm
2. The movie could've done with an extra 15 - 20 minutes, especially at the beginning (in the future) to show the cruelty that humans and mutants alike were subject to.

Things I really liked:

1. Michael Fassbender really owning the role of Magneto.
2. The emotional battles between Fassbender's and McAvoy's characters.
3. Jennifer Lawrence. 'Nuff said.
4. The CGI around the future Sentinels was brilliant. At times they reminded me a bit too much of the Destroyer from the first Thor movie, but all the same, they were devastatingly amazing!
5. The after-credits scene was very well done, and left no illusions as to who that individual was. If you haven't read *any* of the X-comics, you might not cotton on, but chances are, if you are reading this thread and / or have gone to see this movie, you know a little about the X-Men mythos.

Let me preface my gripe by saying that I really dug the film. I did. BUT I found myself thinking:

This makes no sense. If Sentinels have Rogue's powers, why the hell are some of the sentinels fighting them with other powers once they have touched them? It's stupid. They could just drain their power and life. Maybe I'm crazy. I just thought that was the biggest plot hole.

Great film and superb 3D, I LOVED the fact that Halle/Storm didn't get much screen time as I can't stand the actress. Plot hole wise it's useless to go down the time travel road and get everything correct purely because it's all theoretical anyway, so on that front I just switch my brain off and enjoy the one liners and action which it didn't disappoint on.

Overall Great film, but The Avengers is still Marvel King! :scat:

I finally got around to watching 'The Wolverine' on Saturday (and loved it!) setting me up nicely for this yesterday.

Have to admit, I LOVED this!! A superb sequel to First Class, and possibly the best addition aside X2 into the XMen franchise (so so happy to see Singer back directing!). I can't wait to watch this again, and I will certainly be doing an XMen marathon

[SPOIL="Why is this even a spoiler"]Who was also shot in the spin and became a paraplegic apparently [/SPOIL]

I choose to keep items in spoilers even if they are old for the sake of others. Do I think it is a spoiler no, however I have had this discussion more than once and I feel there is no reason not to add spoilers around something to be polite to others.

Let me preface my gripe by saying that I really dug the film. I did. BUT I found myself thinking:

This makes no sense. If Sentinels have Rogue's powers, why the hell are some of the sentinels fighting them with other powers once they have touched them? It's stupid. They could just drain their power and life. Maybe I'm crazy. I just thought that was the biggest plot hole.

They don't have Rogues power, they have Mystique's power to mimic. They replicate the X gene in their mutation, like she replicates appearances. So they don't "absorb" the power, they mimic it.

So-so movie. I liked the humour parts and James McAvoy's acting but overall, it is not a movie I would watch again unlike Captain America or Amazing Spider-man 2.

It's like comparing twinkies to ding dongs. Both are delicious, but it's a matter of preference that makes one better than the other. Even though the Avengers franchise is of a more epic scale, X-men has more beloved characters to me. I understand your view though ;)

The only plothole in my opinion is...

Technically, Wolverine should not remember the past, and what he did, since the moment he changed it, he really never went back, creating a time paradox, so technically the only people that should remember are Professor and the rest from the past.

Besides that, I thought, that it was meticulously written, and Singer paid attention to every detail. It's a pitty he had to stay out of the spotlight due to this child situation which I hope is false.

It's like comparing twinkies to ding dongs. Both are delicious, but it's a matter of preference that makes one better than the other. Even though the Avengers franchise is of a more epic scale, X-men has more beloved characters to me. I understand your view though ;)

Columbus: I love Sno-Balls.
Tallahassee: I hate coconut. Not the taste, consistency.

:hilarious:

The only plothole in my opinion is...

Technically, Wolverine should not remember the past, and what he did, since the moment he changed it, he really never went back, creating a time paradox, so technically the only people that should remember are Professor and the rest from the past.

Besides that, I thought, that it was meticulously written, and Singer paid attention to every detail. It's a pitty he had to stay out of the spotlight due to this child situation which I hope is false.

I think Kitty Pryde explains that he will remember both timelines, though I agree with you

my bigger question though is, when Xavier says that "ah you're back; we have a lot of catching up" or whatever the exact quote was. Is he talking about DoFP or Apocalypse. Maybe Wolverine is also returning from the 80's and whatever is happening in the next movie too!! EEK!

Columbus: I love Sno-Balls.
Tallahassee: I hate coconut. Not the taste, consistency.

:hilarious:

I think Kitty Pryde explains that he will remember both timelines, though I agree with you

my bigger question though is, when Xavier says that "ah you're back; we have a lot of catching up" or whatever the exact quote was. Is he talking about DoFP or Apocalypse. Maybe Wolverine is also returning from the 80's and whatever is happening in the next movie too!! EEK!

Oh yes, I remember that now! See Singer, really paid detailed consideration to this screenplay. But, Xavier is talking to him about the everything that happened after he left. Remember, Xavier saw his mind, so he knows about Jeans and Scotts death, he knows about Striker, he knows about everything concerning the movies that were erased. To me the interesting part is, does he have metal claws or not ;)

Refering to Apocolypse, that story line is in the present. So I have so many perogatives...will the keep using the 70's timeline to bring back the first class cast, will we see Havok as a present X-Men, I trust that Singer will answer all these questions, but the biggest one will be....WHO WILL PLAY CABLE?!!! EEK! So stoked to know...
My suggestion is...

Dolph+Lundgren-thumb-300xauto-34219.jpg

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

No really...

Ray Stevenson would be PERFECT!
Ray%20Stevenson.jpg

Oh yes, I remember that now! See Singer, really paid detailed consideration to this screenplay. But, Xavier is talking to him about the everything that happened after he left. Remember, Xavier saw his mind, so he knows about Jeans and Scotts death, he knows about Striker, he knows about everything concerning the movies that were erased. To me the interesting part is, does he have metal claws or not ;)

you are two pages behind me, from my review

Liked seeing Rogue, Cyclops, and Jean Grey, basically undoing X-men 3 but the reason I am still digesting it is because with the exception of First Class essentially the entire history is now wiped clean, not just x3. We don't even know if Wolverine has adamantium claws in the new future. Yet in the future it seems peaceful but that would mean Magneto and Mystique have done nothing for so many years.

Reactions: GVZER