Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited by a moderator:
Had a decent experience with Zavvi's CS, had a damaged steelbook, so sent off a msg, got the usual please send photos, which I did, then the next msg I recieved was saying they were sending a replacement. Didn't even have to send the item back.

Game of thrones, the magnet was broken, and there was some cuts on the plastic case.

That's a shame but at least you are getting new one and keeping the old, you could take it to Cex and get some money back.

It wasn't just a zavvi thing ours was broken from Amazon and had to get replaced also they look nice but it wasn't the best design.

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
That's a shame but at least you are getting new one and keeping the old, you could take it to Cex and get some money back.

It wasn't just a zavvi thing ours was broken from Amazon and had to get replaced also they look nice but it wasn't the best design.

Yep they look nice, though not sure if I should keep them in the plastic box or take them out lol.

Reactions: Flash
Cancelled my Daredevil SteelBook days ago, but Zavvi decided to ship it out anyway. Awesome. I don't think I've ever had one good transaction with them. Apparently I'll never learn my lesson.

Get notified! TEXT ZAV to 88440
Receive a mobile notification the moment this Steelbook becomes available for Pre-order! Simply text ZAV to 88440 to sign up to text alerts*

*UK customers only. Standard network charges apply

Hi
Anyone else having problems with Zavvi refunding returned items lately ?, I returned damaged items last week and even received Zavvis 'We've received your item(s)' email on the 28th Sept., but still waiting for the refund email (which normally happens within 24hrs). I will be messaging them later, and will now have to endure an endless mind-sapping email exchange marathon...

looking at trustpilot reviews, looks like I'm not the only one....

Hi
Anyone else having problems with Zavvi refunding returned items lately ?, I returned damaged items last week and even received Zavvis 'We've received your item(s)' email on the 28th Sept., but still waiting for the refund email (which normally happens within 24hrs). I will be messaging them later, and will now have to endure an endless mind-sapping email exchange marathon...

I had a similar issue not so long ago. Took about a week after the initial email.

Got the Daredevil Steelbook in the mail, dented, scratched, and with paint bubbles.
I was offered a 10% refund on my order. Thanks, Zavvi.

This is like the time I pre-ordered the Jungle Book Steelbook, personally confirmed with them what the artwork would be, and then received a steelbook with different artwork then what they had previously confirmed with me.... They offered me 10% back on my postage fee. Which would essentially be $0.10 USD.

I have never had an issue with Zavvi CS where the issue was resolved. Every time I receive a defective or different item than what was promised- I have to swallow the loss and order another one.

Hi

Try zavvi help on twitter it's much quicker than going through your account.

I was hoping to be able to avoid foreign transaction fees on Zavvi orders by using my PayPal account and paying the 1% surcharge for that (still lower than foreign transaction fee of 3% for direct purchase with my credit card). However, I'm getting the impression that even though the UK website shows USD currency the transaction itself is still going to be to the U.K. and that PayPal will charge some sort of foreign transaction fee on top of the 1% surcharge.

Does anyone have any experience purchasing with a PayPal account from Zavvi's UK site with USD currency for shipping to the US who can confirm either way?

I was hoping to be able to avoid foreign transaction fees on Zavvi orders by using my PayPal account and paying the 1% surcharge for that (still lower than foreign transaction fee of 3% for direct purchase with my credit card). However, I'm getting the impression that even though the UK website shows USD currency the transaction itself is still going to be to the U.K. and that PayPal will charge some sort of foreign transaction fee on top of the 1% surcharge.

Does anyone have any experience purchasing with a PayPal account from Zavvi's UK site with USD currency for shipping to the US who can confirm either way?

Paypal normally give a poor exchange rate, so maybe better value to pay the 1%.