Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if this is a new thing or not, but I've certainly only just noticed it, but they've only gone and done an Amazon and are now charging postage for orders under £10 !!
Oh dear Zavvi, you really know how lose customers don't you?!

Last edited:
I dont know if this is a new thing or not, but I've certainly only just noticed it, but they've only gone and done an Amazon and are now charging postage for orders under £10 !!
Oh dear Zavvi, you really know how lose customers don't you?!

that´s been going on for weeks...
what´s really crappy is that certain items are only available with 6.99 tracked postage.. like some box sets on offer... that´s RIDICULOUS...
guess I´ll be ordering from amazon instead... not only cheaper but better packaging/service as well
Zavvi shooting themselves in the foot again...

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Okay, so I received a spine slash Finding Dory steelbook, I send message, Zavvi reply, you know the score but what's really annoyed me is something they have put in their reply, they want a photo which is fine however they go on to say that 'THEY WILL ASSESS THE DAMAGE TO JUDGE WHETHER A REFUND/REPLACEMENT IS ACCEPTABLE IN THIS CASE', they have sent me a damaged item and yet they will assess and come to a decision, cheeky SOD'S....

So disappointed by Zavvi's Black Friday and cyber Monday there was nothing a lot of stuff was more than it was last week :arghh:

Usually all my stuff from Zavvi has arrived with no problem. (One of the lucky ones I guess.)

But end of last week I received my first zbox, the Star Trek Special Edition one. It had been received that place on the side upside down. OK, so I take it upstairs to open on my bed so I can unbox and spread things out. Imagine my heart sinking as I turned the box the correct way round and heard the distinct sound of broken ceramic. Now I'm a big Trek fan so I was looking forward to this.

Opened the box up, and was amazed to see that given the HUGE amount of space in the box and the few items that were in it (most of the space being taken up by a plush Mr Spock), there was no bubblewrap to protect anything! Things were just left to move around inside the box as they please! There is only so much protection a plush half Vulcan can offer.

Contacted Zavvi and they have said that a replacement mug will be sent to me, but I have to say this has put me off purchasing any kind of box/crate in the future.

Anyone know how to update credit card information? I go to the account credit card page but see no way to update...only delete.

Only way I've found to do it is to delete the card, order a new item and put in the new card details, cancel that order. The new card details stay in place and are used for existing orders.

So anyone else hit by Zavvi's change in release date for some of the Disneys.

I was expecting some of them to be released in March, so I was more than a bit surprised to receive 6 despatch emails yesterday.

Toy Story Lenticular
Brave Lenticular
Frozen Lenticular
Monsters Inc Lenticular
Snow White Lenticular
Lion King Lenticular

You know what ... I've had it with Zavvi, their terrible shipping and their even worse customer service.

I've made a video detailing my experiences with the shop and I'd be really happy if you would watch, comment and share ... just to make the message big enough for the people at Zavvi to maybe actually respond to it.

Current situation: Two items arrived damaged - one due to terrible packaging and one that seems to have already been damaged when it was shipped ... and Zavvi refuses to replace the items without me sending the damaged ones back but they also only waqnt to cover up to 15% of the item price for the return. Which practically means that I should pay for their mess. Are they insane?

Have you had similar experiences with them or did it always work out for you?

Here we go again with zavvi. So never received a few good men steelbook. Emailed them. By the way I am in the U.S. Heres what they reply:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for getting in touch about order.

We operate a 40 day policy in which we ask you to please make contact to let us know that your order has not arrived.

As it has now been over 40 days since your order was sent, we cannot trace this item and are unable to offer you a refund or replacement.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Adam

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

So apparently tracking numbers are only good for 40 days. Ha. Heres my reply:

Items shipped can be tracked for over a year after shipment. If you don't send me proof of delivery (ie a tracking number that shows delivered) or reship another movie, I will deny the charge on my credit card, as no item has been received. I have bought a lot of movies here over 4 years and received a few damaged items that I have never complained about. I had a major damaged item that I did complain about to customer service and all I got was the run around and was a $35 paperweight. If this is not handled zavvi will lose a longtime customer.

Just really fed up with zavvi. Guess I will see what happens.

Here we go again with zavvi. So never received a few good men steelbook. Emailed them. By the way I am in the U.S. Heres what they reply:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for getting in touch about order.

We operate a 40 day policy in which we ask you to please make contact to let us know that your order has not arrived.

As it has now been over 40 days since your order was sent, we cannot trace this item and are unable to offer you a refund or replacement.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment caused by this.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Adam

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

So apparently tracking numbers are only good for 40 days. Ha. Heres my reply:

Items shipped can be tracked for over a year after shipment. If you don't send me proof of delivery (ie a tracking number that shows delivered) or reship another movie, I will deny the charge on my credit card, as no item has been received. I have bought a lot of movies here over 4 years and received a few damaged items that I have never complained about. I had a major damaged item that I did complain about to customer service and all I got was the run around and was a $35 paperweight. If this is not handled zavvi will lose a longtime customer.

Just really fed up with zavvi. Guess I will see what happens.
How much longer than 40 days did you wait till you contacted them

Did you choose tracking or standard when you ordered
As standard delivery is not tracked so won't be any tracking number

Why did you not contact them after 30 days
They do list on their website rest of world 30 days to wait
They do also list on the website must be no later than 40 days to contact them

If could still turn up I had one delivery that turned up after 3 months.

Zavvi still though legally have to provide a replacement or a refund if you don't receive goods you paid for even if 30 days have passed

Last edited:
Its been 46 days since I ordered it. I only waited because of the holiday. Most items take 3 weeks on average to deliver, which would have put delivery during Christmas I figured I would give more time. The last time I emailed them too early about a late item they told me to wait longer, which it did show up after 36 days. Just tired of the horrible zavvi customer service run around. I only purchase items under $15 U.S. because I know if I have a problem they won't do anything.

Its been 46 days since I ordered it. I only waited because of the holiday. Most items take 3 weeks on average to deliver, which would have put delivery during Christmas I figured I would give more time. The last time I emailed them too early about a late item they told me to wait longer, which it did show up after 36 days. Just tired of the horrible zavvi customer service run around. I only purchase items under $15 U.S. because I know if I have a problem they won't do anything.
If you use Twitter contact Zavvi using Twitter as they can be better sometimes than website contact method

Why have alot of the steelbooks at Zavvi gone up in price was going to buy res dogs mondo its now priced at £29.99 was £9.99 last month which is a fair price.

I have placed five orders with this company and have had problems with EVERY order. Most recently, my account has disappeared even though I have placed three pre-orders. To clarify: I logged in to check on my pre-orders and could not log-in. I attempted to reset my password and received a message that said "There is no account associated with this email". I have contacted them five different times and Customer Service refuses to help (and never leaves information to contact someone directly). They insist I contact them using the original account which is impossible because the account no longer exists. One cannot even contact Zaavi without an existing account, so I was forced to open a NEW account (using the SAME email address) just to inquire about the original account.
After five VERY specific emails the only response I have received from them is "You must inquire about this by logging into the original account". I don't think they have even bothered to read my emails. Any advice?
One time an order was delayed for two weeks because it accidentally got stuck in the warehouse, once a bluray came damaged, once they shipped an item with standard shipping even though I paid for rush shipping... I could go on but I have had nothing but subpar experiences with this company and they have responded to this most recent (and possibly) more serious matter with absolutely NO urgency or care.
For those who have had positive experiences, who must I speak to about this matter? I need someone who, at the bare minimum, listen to the problem before providing a curt and unhelpful response. I am concerned that my account was hacked but cannot confirm/deny this unless I can reach someone who cares about keeping customers.
Thanks.

***** sorry this was so long but I need advice!

Last edited:
Recently was checking my order history and credit card statements and I have to my horror just discovered that over the last 3 months I had returned 4 steelbooks to zavvi and they haven't refunded me for any of the returns.

I urge everyone to double check because something is seriously wrong.