Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
I placed an order earlier and forgot to use a code.
I tried to cancel the order less than five minutes later.
27 minutes later I get a failed cancellation email.

Is there not a legal "cooling off" period?

I placed an order earlier and forgot to use a code.
I tried to cancel the order less than five minutes later.
27 minutes later I get a failed cancellation email.

Is there not a legal "cooling off" period?

I feel your pain on this front. Ended up getting 3 copies of one item and 2 of another because there was no way to cancel anything on their site if the item is in stock. Now, I'm stuck with them because returning them would cost me more than the items are actually worth! Not sure about a legal cooling off period, though, but best practices should allow it to happen. Have never had an issue with any other retailer or online store aside from zavvi with this regard.

How does Zavvi package bigger box sets nowadays? I'm thinking of ordering the X-Files box set from them but the last tme I ordered box sets from them (in 2014) they just put them in a paper bag with some bubbplewrap and they arrived heavily damaged.

How does Zavvi package bigger box sets nowadays? I'm thinking of ordering the X-Files box set from them but the last tme I ordered box sets from them (in 2014) they just put them in a paper bag with some bubbplewrap and they arrived heavily damaged.
I think it depends what mood they're in on the day... over the last month or so I've received a few larger items that were packaged perfectly, which made me think they'd finally listened to feedback, but then I suddenly started receiving stuff in jiffy envelopes again. :wtf:

I think it depends what mood they're in on the day... over the last month or so I've received a few larger items that were packaged perfectly, which made me think they'd finally listened to feedback, but then I suddenly started receiving stuff in jiffy envelopes again. :wtf:

Happy to say I haven't had a jiffy envelope yet, but some guy tweeted that he had his Rogue One turn up in one and when he took it out it was battered. Now considering that Zavvi are apparently out of their allocation of Rogue One, I don't know what they are going to do for the guy unless they keep a smaller allocation aside for damages, but why go through the trouble when all they need to do is use some decent packaging.

I had Dracula arrive today in the normal steelbook size box with that one thin bit of plastic to protect the steelbook and even then I don't think that is near enough. Zavvi could learn a thing or two about packaging from the guys that I've bought steels from just on this forum.

Happy to say I haven't had a jiffy envelope yet, but some guy tweeted that he had his Rogue One turn up in one and when he took it out it was battered. Now considering that Zavvi are apparently out of their allocation of Rogue One, I don't know what they are going to do for the guy unless they keep a smaller allocation aside for damages, but why go through the trouble when all they need to do is use some decent packaging.

I had Dracula arrive today in the normal steelbook size box with that one thin bit of plastic to protect the steelbook and even then I don't think that is near enough. Zavvi could learn a thing or two about packaging from the guys that I've bought steels from just on this forum.
Thankfully I haven't received a steelbook in a jiffy for a long time, so no complaints from me in that department. It's the packaging for their box sets etc that they need to improve on IMO... the last set I received was in a jiffy and therefore arrived with crushed corners (not for the first time either), but I'd rather just live with it than waste my time trying to deal with their CS. :wtf:

As for the guy whose copy of Rogue One was damaged... he'll be very lucky to get a replacement from them. Again, it's been a while since I actually received a heavily damaged steel from Zavvi *touch wood*, but whenever an OOS steel did arrive damaged they basically told me tough luck and offered a 10% refund until I demanded a full refund.

And yeah, their packaging for steelbooks still isn't the best, but it's a damn sight better than how they used to ship them... it's just a shame that we had to fight for it though, rather than them using a few brain cells of their own and realising the previous packaging was inadequate. They only seem to pay attention when they're losing money. :greedy:

Zavvi could learn a thing or two about packaging from the guys that I've bought steels from just on this forum.
Completely agree with that, but I don't think they wouldn't know how to package steelbooks better, so that almost all of them would arrive without damages during shipping.

It's an optimization game; how to balance the costs of shipping materials, packaging process and shipping vs. the costs of customer support and replacement items (+ shipping) due to goods damaged in transit.

In 2013, they used much thicker foam inside these white/brown steelbook shipping boxes, but quickly changed to the current thin veil of foam.

In 2014 June, they shipped a lot of steelbooks in brown A1 cardboard envelopes (coinciding with their first V for Vendetta exclusive steelbook release), but quickly abandoned that, as the rate of damaged steelbooks during shipping probably rose sharply.

Whether this was a planned experiment or due to supply issues with the cardboard boxes, is impossible to know for sure.

They've used the current white boxes (or brown boxes when they've been assembled inside out :)) for steelbooks almost exclusively for almost three years now. Probably they see the current damage rate as acceptable (to them).

Thankfully I haven't received a steelbook in a jiffy for a long time, so no complaints from me in that department. It's the packaging for their box sets etc that they need to improve on IMO... the last set I received was in a jiffy and therefore arrived with crushed corners (not for the first time either), but I'd rather just live with it than waste my time trying to deal with their CS. :wtf:

As for the guy whose copy of Rogue One was damaged... he'll be very lucky to get a replacement from them. Again, it's been a while since I actually received a heavily damaged steel from Zavvi *touch wood*, but whenever an OOS steel did arrive damaged they basically told me tough luck and offered a 10% refund until I demanded a full refund.

And yeah, their packaging for steelbooks still isn't the best, but it's a damn sight better than how they used to ship them... it's just a shame that we had to fight for it though, rather than them using a few brain cells of their own and realising the previous packaging was inadequate. They only seem to pay attention when they're losing money. :greedy:

Talking of the box sets, I had a couple of disasters that ended up in refunds. Nonetheless, I went ahead with the first Battle without Honour or Humanity. It came bubblewrapped and in a strong box. Perhaps it depends on the value of the box sets?

I would be very happy if Zavvi puts UK customers first over the rest. Perhaps they should offer to us in the UK for a lesser price over the rest and charge the right amount for shipping outside the UK
International customers must feel happy that we have a retailer like Zavvi who are offering a wide range of Blu-rays at an affordable price and yet we have people outside the UK still complain whilst they happily throw silly money at Asian and FAC releases upfront and waiting for ages to show up.

I would be very happy if Zavvi puts UK customers first over the rest. Perhaps they should offer to us in the UK for a lesser price over the rest and charge the right amount for shipping outside the UK.

This is a very hypocritical post as you are always complaining yourself that Asian retailers are charging too much for extra Slipcovers and cards!

So now you feel that a retailer should sell you something at one price, but sell it for at least €5 more to Europeans? We all know where you stand with Brexit.

How could this be even possible? And if it is, surely it's breaching many trading regulations? But I guess this was the plan for post Brexit retailers all along.

If it is, then you will find yourselves trading with less and less countries.

Anyway, eBay will be flooded with copies of this by UK resellers. Probably going for less than retail eventually if you're patient enough......

I would be very happy if Zavvi puts UK customers first over the rest. Perhaps they should offer to us in the UK for a lesser price over the rest and charge the right amount for shipping outside the UK
International customers must feel happy that we have a retailer like Zavvi who are offering a wide range of Blu-rays at an affordable price and yet we have people outside the UK still complain whilst they happily throw silly money at Asian and FAC releases upfront and waiting for ages to show up.

That sounds great! :wtf::wtf: I wonder how 50% of international Zavvi customers would feel about that?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very hypocritical post as you are always complaining yourself that Asian retailers are charging too much for extra Slipcovers and cards!

So now you feel that a retailer should sell you something at one price, but sell it for at least €5 more to Europeans? We all know where you stand with Brexit.

How could this be even possible? And if it is, surely it's breaching many trading regulations? But I guess this was the plan for post Brexit retailers all along.

Anyway, eBay will be flooded with copies of this by UK resellers. Probably going for less than retail eventually if you're patient enough......

When people continuously berate UK retailers, no matter how open and good they are, it makes sense to retaliate in the right manner which is what I did.

Yes, it doesn't sound frustrating but from the other side we are subsidising the cost in some capacity, so somewhere the balance has to be struck.

I think what lgans means is that why is it so cheap to import a zavvi steel and feels that the UK are paying a lot more to offset the cost for the international shipping you pay. I ordered steels abroad and never seen shipping for £2! Only best shipping is via Amazon in the EU only. Any other country it's like 8 euros or more.

Also zavvi, owned by the Hut Group, is a Uk based retailer and their primary market is the UK. If it's true UK buyers are factoring in the cheap international shipping costs then zavvi are not putting U.K. Buyers first.

Reactions: lgans316
I think what lgans means is that why is it so cheap to import a zavvi steel and feels that the UK are paying a lot more to offset the cost for the international shipping you pay. I ordered steels abroad and never seen shipping for £2! Only best shipping is via Amazon in the EU only. Any other country it's like 8 euros or more.

Also zavvi, owned by the Hut Group, is a Uk based retailer and their primary market is the UK. If it's true UK buyers are factoring in the cheap international shipping costs then zavvi are not putting U.K. Buyers first.
The irony is lgans once mentioned that he's not even originally from the UK.

But it's OK to goad EU members because conviently, he happens to live there now. I wonder how he'd feel if he returned home.......