Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
The irony is lgans once mentioned that he's not even originally from the UK.

But it's OK to goad EU members because conviently, he happens to live there now. I wonder how he'd feel if he returned home.......

Pearse, let's not get into this about lgans not being from the UK. It makes no difference where we are from. I'm Chinese, now you gonna have a poke at me? :LOL:

As I said I think you misinterpreted lgans wrong and the only reason I say that because he has mentioned about the cheaper shipping costs loads of time for international buyer. The cheap shipping cost only comes from somewhere, and I believe it is Uk buyers that factor it in.

Lgans didn't phrase the sentence right which annoyed you but let's keep race relations out of this before wreck gives you another warning :p

let's keep race relations out of this before wreck gives you another warning :p

I dont know what 'warning' you think you're talking about (I've not received any warnings up to now) but I'm leaving this conversation now before you twist it that I'm a racist. Which wasn't what my comment intended at all.

Good day.

I dont know what 'warning' you think you're talking about (I've not received any warnings up to now) but I'm leaving this conversation now before you twist it that I'm a racist. Which wasn't what my comment intended at all.

Good day.
Then be more tactful in your response then getting wound up all the time. Warning is from the steel archive thread. You were tagged in.

Hey mate,

Yes, I am originally from India (Asian lol) but I am now a citizen of the United Kingdom (after lawful residence).

Btw, I don't want HDN to turn into a DailyMail, :rofl:

I got nothing against anyone here at a personal level. However I find it frustrating that UK retailers are being portrayed as the bad boys.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Hey mate,

Yes, I am originally from India (Asian lol) but I am now a citizen of the United Kingdom (after lawful residence).

I got nothing against anyone here at a personal level. However I find it frustrating that UK retailers are being portrayed as the bad boys.
Maybe you can be an ambassador in India for steelbooks and start off your own exclusive and promote steelbooks there :LOL: big country, huge population, can directly rival manta and Blufans.

Hey mate,

Just to clarify. I have nothing against you either @lgans316.

I respect your opinions (most of the time! :p )

I think a lot of the time we agree on most things.

Just out of interest, buyers outside the EU do you pay customs for steels at £25.

Glad you wrote that. 22 EUR is the limit (£18.5) for most EU countries so most of them could get the import tax bill for their order from Guernsey (I can't say for sure it happens, you'd need to ask other EU guys).
Do you guys in UK pay the import tax when ordering from Zavvi?

Glad you wrote that. 22 EUR is the limit (£18.5) for most EU countries so most of them could get the import tax bill for their order from Guernsey (I can't say for sure it happens, you'd need to ask other EU guys).
Do you guys in UK pay the import tax when ordering from Zavvi?

Guernsey is not part of the EU but you wouldn't expect to be taxed duties ordering from a UK retailer when you are in the UK. VAT is already added when we paid.
EU countries shouldn't get any customs either as you paid the VAT.

Outside the EU do you get 20% deduction in the VAT? £25 steel should be over the threshold for worldwide buyers and then liable for customs.

Guernsey is not part of the EU but you wouldn't expect to be taxed duties ordering from a UK retailer when you are in the UK. VAT is already added when we paid.

Outside the EU do you get 20% deduction in the VAT? £25 steel should be over the threshold for worldwide buyers and then liable for customs.

The only thing that's on the label is the price I was charged + 0 VAT + 0 shipping charge and this yellow sticker.

We actually pay the tax just like UK customers do but our labels don't show that so we are liable for import charges. That's how Zavvi screws with their international customers.

Is tax shown on your label?

20170430151215.jpg

No, we don't pay VAT to Zavvi. They charge us (other EU countries besides the UK) the same price as from their UK customers, but there's no VAT included in our price.

And we do get charged VAT at customs, depending on the country and how diligent the customs officials are checking the value of these small boxes.

As I said I think you misinterpreted lgans wrong and the only reason I say that because he has mentioned about the cheaper shipping costs loads of time for international buyer. The cheap shipping cost only comes from somewhere, and I believe it is Uk buyers that factor it in.
I believe the cheap shipping comes from the 20% extra that they get to keep from international sales ;)

We pay UK prices (which include 20% VAT), but there's no VAT included in our prices.

No, we don't pay VAT to Zavvi. They charge us (other EU countries besides the UK) the same price as from their UK customers, but there's no VAT included in our price.

And we do get charged VAT at customs, depending on the country and how diligent the customs officials are checking the value of these small boxes.

So you order a steel for £20 which is the price we pay (converted in euros) you are saying VAT is not included? The price of £20 includes the VAT. EU don't get any additional taxes. You paid the VAT that's in the price.

I don't get any additional tax if I ordered £1,000 or euros worth of steels from amazon Germany France etc. The VAT is paid.

My original question was to buyers OUTSIDE the EU.

So you order a steel for £20 which is the price we pay (converted in euros) you are saying VAT is not included? The price of £20 includes the VAT. EU don't get any additional taxes. You paid the VAT that's in the price.
Any shipment from Zavvi to me explicitly specifies that VAT is not included in the price. "VAT 0.00", as @javiermendoza mentioned.

And yes, I get charged VAT by the customs for any shipment that is valued at 22.00 EUR or higher (unless they have not paid attention to the declared value).
I don't get any additional tax if I ordered £1,000 or euros worth of steels from amazon Germany France etc. The VAT is paid.
Me neither, as Amazon UK, DE, FR, IT collect the VAT (Finnish 24% VAT in my case) and it is included in the purchase price.
My original question was to buyers OUTSIDE the EU.
I get that. But as Zavvi (almost exclusively) ships from Guernsey, which is not part of the EU, they don't need to collect and pay VAT when shipping to other EU countries from there. With UK customers, they must collect VAT - there's quite a bit of publicly available material on closing of the "Channel Islands VAT loophole"
Can you elaborate on this? I'm confused by your speculation.
I only meant that Zavvi has 20% extra from each international sale (outside of the UK customers), so they can allocate more of the purchase cost to shipping than they explicitly charge the customer for shipping.

I only meant that Zavvi has 20% extra from each international sale (outside of the UK customers), so they can allocate more of the purchase cost to shipping than they explicitly charge the customer for shipping.

And where does that information come from? Sorry I am still confused. Break it down in terms of an example of purchase.

A buyer from USA order a steelbook for £20. That is the retail price. Shipping is £2. Total to pay £22.

Break it down in your speculation where 20% 'extra' comes from? And where you find the source of this information?

Any shipment from Zavvi to me explicitly specifies that VAT is not included in the price. "VAT 0.00", as @javiermendoza mentioned.

And yes, I get charged VAT by the customs for any shipment that is valued at 22.00 EUR or higher (unless they have not paid attention to the declared value).
Me neither, as Amazon UK, DE, FR, IT collect the VAT (Finnish 24% VAT in my case) and it is included in the purchase price.

I get that. But as Zavvi (almost exclusively) ships from Guernsey, which is not part of the EU, they don't need to collect and pay VAT when shipping to other EU countries from there. With UK customers, they must collect VAT - there's quite a bit of publicly available material on closing of the "Channel Islands VAT loophole"

So lets clarify. You order a steelbook say £25 + £2 shipping. That is the retail price.
Do you pay £25 +£2 shipping or do you pay 20% less as a tax relief?

So you pay £20 + shipping + the customs on top?

And where does that information come from? Sorry I am still confused. Break it down in terms of an example of purchase.

A buyer from USA order a steelbook for £20. That is the retail price. Shipping is £2. Total to pay £22.

Break it down in your speculation where 20% 'extra' comes from? And where you find the source of this information?
You are in the UK, placing an order for, e.g., Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 steelbook at £24.99. From that price, 20% (£5.00) is VAT, Zavvi gets £19.99.

I'm in Finland (or in the USA), placing an order for the same steelbook at £24.99. From that price, 0% is VAT, Zavvi gets £24.99.
So lets clarify. You order a steelbook say £25 + £2 shipping. That is the retail price.
Do you pay £25 +£2 shipping or do you pay 20% less as a tax relief?

So you pay £20 + shipping + the customs on top?
I'm paying exactly the same price for the steelbook as you are, and additionally the Finnish 24% VAT at customs when I receive the goods.

I almost always manage to find something else to get past the £30 limit, which is Zavvi's limit for free shipping to Finland, so even nowadays I hardly ever pay for shipping.

But if I paid for shipping (£2.49 Standard Delivery to Finland), I would also pay the 24% VAT for the shipping costs.