Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited by a moderator:
Why do many releases like T2 3D, Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D & Despicable Me 3 3D sell-out instantly but titles like Cars 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 3D have been on sale for a month and have not sold out?

All are marked as "Limited Editions" and all were massive Summer releases and I believe all are Zavvi exclusives. Is it JUST factor of demand or are some titles more limited than others? I can't believe that no one cares to see Cars 3 or Pirates... they're both Disney! I don't see ANY info regarding print runs, etc...

Why do many releases like T2 3D, Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D & Despicable Me 3 3D sell-out instantly but titles like Cars 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 3D have been on sale for a month and have not sold out?

All are marked as "Limited Editions" and all were massive Summer releases and I believe all are Zavvi exclusives. Is it JUST factor of demand or are some titles more limited than others? I can't believe that no one cares to see Cars 3 or Pirates... they're both Disney! I don't see ANY info regarding print runs, etc...
Despicable Me 3 3D was limited to only 500 in the UK

Terminator 2 3D steelbook was always going to sell out fast
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a trade wide release all sold out with all UK retailers expect Zoom UK
Trade wide releases each retailer gets an allocated stock from the print run so will sell out if a popular film very quickly with various retailers

Example
The Thing Steelbook that was trade wide release and sold out fast 4,000 print run shared between all retailers each retailer gets allocated stock from the 4,000 print run

A retailer having an exclusive release it will depend on the release some will sell out quickly and some will take time

Last edited:
Reactions: Shaggy78
Despicable Me 3 3D was limited to only 500 in the UK

Terminator 2 3D steelbook was always going to sell out fast
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a trade wide release all sold out with all UK retailers expect Zoom UK
Trade wide releases each retailer gets an allocated stock from the print run so will sell out if a popular film very quickly with various retailers

Example
The Thing Steelbook that was trade wide release and sold out fast 4,000 print run shared between all retailers each retailer gets allocated stock from the 4,000 print run

A retailer having an exclusive release it will depend on the release some will sell out quickly and some will take time

Wow! That was exactly what I wanted to know, thx!

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
it appears that @zavvi are touching up their scratched steelbooks and sending them out resealed as new? Street Fighter Assassins Fist, clearly has marks where it looks like someone has tried to cover them with a sharpie!

Fist_1.jpg Fist_2.jpg

it appears that @zavvi are touching up their scratched steelbooks and sending them out resealed as new? Street Fighter Assassins Fist, clearly has marks where it looks like someone has tried to cover them with a sharpie!

View attachment 333992 View attachment 333993

Rumbled! *tries to flush all the Sharpie's down the toilet*

That is a strange one, we'll pass this one up the chain. Thanks for posting this, Tacozilla.
Have you spoken to customer services about your order?

Rumbled! *tries to flush all the Sharpie's down the toilet*

That is a strange one, we'll pass this one up the chain. Thanks for posting this, Tacozilla.
Have you spoken to customer services about your order?

Yes shortly after posting here I emailed customer services who are sending out a replacement

Question about cancelling 1 preorder item @zavvi
I have preordered 'The Thing' steelbook and the special edition, both into one order.
I was wondering if i can cancel the special edition only without cancelling my steelbook order? At zavvi there is only one option to cancel the entire order, which i don't want to do because 'The Thing' steelbook is sold out and i can't reorder it.
Thank you for you help.

Question about cancelling 1 preorder item @zavvi
I have preordered 'The Thing' steelbook and the special edition, both into one order.
I was wondering if i can cancel the special edition only without cancelling my steelbook order? At zavvi there is only one option to cancel the entire order, which i don't want to do because 'The Thing' steelbook is sold out and i can't reorder it.
Thank you for you help.
Just contact them regarding your order, explaining what you have above, and they will cancel it for you. :)

Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
And even if it works, what good could that be, since they (Zavvi/The Hut Group) does not care at all about customers?

And if anyone is interested, I can document at least 2-3 cases where I was ripped off (pay import fees on customs) and discriminated (yes, that's right, DISCRIMINATED) by Zavvi, needless to say FALSE ADVERTISEMENT; and I guess you all already know the "copy/paste" response of Zavvi "customer care", that is as helpful as some salt in your eye!

For me now this is not about the amount of money, which is fairly said, some "change", but it seems that for Zavvi this "change" is important (probably getting this from several users, then they can gain some big amounts), since they does not seem to want to come to an agreement (to at least pay back the import fees and offer some sort of "compensation" for the injustice and disturbance they created).

I am in the discussion with my legal representative, to action The Hut/Zavvi to the Supreme Court for at least the above mentioned points!

Does anyone else had similar "happenings" with Zavvi?

Anyone notice Zavvi now has a live chat feature on their website? That's pretty good.

If it works

Anyone notice Zavvi now has a live chat feature on their website? That's pretty good.

Haven't noticed, but it is a good thing to have. I've used them before on other sites, and they can be very useful. Hopefully though, I won't have to use it because that would mean there is a problem. lol

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I have a question for those who use Zavvi. I receive daily emails from them, including today's Black Friday offers, and today took delivery of a number of 4K non-steelbook titles today. When I tried to login today a message indicated my details were incorrect. A reset password attempt resulted in an email saying no such account existed. I checked my mails and I found that every one of my steelbook orders has been cancelled. These orders were made previous to the 4K titles I received today. I've created a new account with the same details and messaged them to ask why the cancellation and account no longer existing. I've bought from these people for years. They took a payment from me two days ago. Truly baffled. Anyone else had this experience?

• Thanks
Reactions: UpsetSmiley