Zero Dark Thirty

Would you buy a Zero Dark Thirty Steelbook?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Maybe (I want to see the movie first)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Maybe (Depends on the art)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No!

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Would you buy a Zero Dark Thirty Steelbook?

In Theaters DEC 19, 2012 (NA)
VIEW TRAILER
CAST: Jessica Chastain, Jason Clarke, Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong, Chris Pratt, Kyle Chandler...
DIRECTED BY: Kathryn Bigelow (Hurt Locker)

CONCEPT ART:
zerodarkthirty_steelbook.jpg

Attachments

• zero dark thirty.jpg
    zero dark thirty.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
Region A locked - you're saying you'd like a release you already have to stay limited so it can retain some worth to your obsessive collection, at the expense of those who believe the film deserves a better release than it's currently getting in the UK. Okay.

Please cut it out. snooloui has given you a perfectly valid reason for his decision - you have no right to put words in his mouth. Why even put up a poll if you're only prepared to accept one response?

I voted yes on the poll, because I would like a UK steel. But after reading snooloui's post, I can't help but agree: the US deserves a nice exclusive, and this film does seem apt.

Part of the fun of collecting Steelbooks is the search and limited. If every country gets a release in steel form then they become nothing more than metal versions of amarays. So I say no.

everybody cries when a title get re-released, why is this any different ?
its like saying iron man fs should be released in the states or iron play exclusive should be released in the states

Less sometimes is better. Every country does deserve a steel thats exclusive, especially why the film pertains strongly to the county of origin like zero dark thity

thats my 2 cents

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

hands down, zero dark thirty (imo) is one of the best looking steels the states has every produced. I think its ok to let us have a couple of exclusives ;)

I'd definitely snap one up if they released it here.. I do like country specific releases but on the other hand I'm in the UK and want a copy!

Yes, I would like to have one, provided it has a different artwork, otherwise it's just a way of these MBAs at the marketing level of these firms to commercialize this beautiful hobby of steelbook collection by introducing the exact same steelbook in every country and calling it exclusive by throwing in a different slip :ugh:. Distorts the meaning altogether.

Reactions: palartoo
I've been waiting for this release for quite a long time. My favourite movie of year 2012. Netherlands version with inside artworks will be my dream come true. If there is no news of release in 3 months time, then I will just purchase Netherlands version.

I'll just say that Best Buy edition is an awesome steelbook. I would buy an UK edition only if it has the same design (glossy, embossed, airphoto artwork...) than US steelbook.

Otherwise, I will always try to find US edition. It's a superb steelbook for a movie I love

Got the US release which is great, but I'd certainly have a look at it-if they made it more like the Hurt Locker (UK) release, i.e. no text, more artistic and really nice use of metallic colours then they'd make a great Bigelow duo and would almost definitely be a yes for me.

Yes missed out on the others. Watched it twice recently, really enjoyed it :thumbs:

No. It's nice to see unique releases once in a while. I'm sick of seeing every new film getting released in multiple countries. We get quite a few exclusive titles, I don't think it's unreasonable for the US to get one for once :)
I Love my Best Buy Version & the buzz i got from acquiring it was immense! I love seeking out rare steelbooks that are only available in certain countries , it's the whole reason i love collecting steelbooks :) long may it be this way "What you think Heisenberg?"

3qoaee.jpg

Reactions: jcm
Status
Not open for further replies.