Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has officially announced ‘Alice in Wonderland’ for Blu-ray release on June 1st. This is another Tim Burton movie that gives another spin to the classic tale. Alice in Wonderland did a fantastic run while in theaters in 2D and 3D. Although the 3D version was popular in theaters, Disney did not mention anything about a possible 3D release. This will be a combo release that will include the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy of the film. The studio has provided technical specifications and supplements for the film. Check below for all the details.
Technical & Video Specs
Blu-ray BD50 @ 1080p/MPEG4-AVC 1.78:1 Aspect Ratio
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
- Finding Alice – It’s all things Alice. This featurette includes Tim Burton’s vision for the
characters, differences from the book and Disney’s version of Alice and how she evolves
as both a character and actor as she takes an adventure through Wonderland.
- The Mad Hatter – Audiences are provided with a deeper look into the world of the Mad
Hatter. Check out Johnny Depp’s early sketches, make-up, costumes and how they
digitally enhanced his eyes.
- Effecting Wonderland – A behind-the-scenes piece on the different technologies used
to create some of the most beloved characters in the film – Stayne, Tweedledee,
Tweedledum, Bandersnatch and the Red Queen.
- The Futterwacken Dance – Futterwhat? Check out the making of the timeless dance
called the Futterwacken.
- The Red Queen – The creation of the Red Queen from start to finish, including early Tim
Burton sketches showcasing costume designs, make-up and digital effects.
- Time-Lapse: Sculpting the Red Queen – A short time-lapse piece showing Helena
Bonham Carter as she gets her make-up done. A three-hour process can be watched in
just a few short minutes.
- The White Queen – An interview with Anne Hathaway, who plays Wonderland’s good
queen, about her character’s journey throughout the process of the film.
- Scoring Wonderland – Composer Danny Elfman and Tim Burton discuss the music for
- Stunts of Wonderland – A featurette highlighting some of the biggest stunts in the film.
- Making the Proper Size – An inside look at the visual effects process of growing and
shrinking Alice. See how filmmakers used different techniques to stay true to the
- Cakes of Wonderland – Take a trip to “Cake Divas” where the creators of the EAT ME
cakes provide viewers with details about how they made the smallest crumb to the
largest cake in scale.
- Tea Party Props – Tea cups, saucers, cakes and more. Prop master Doug Harlocker
gives an overview of all the props used to bring the famous tea party scene together