Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced “Bambi: Diamond Edition” for Blu-ray release on March 1st. Bambi will include a Blu-ray and DVD of the film. Also,Disney’s new “Second Screen” technology, which is being introduced for the very first time on the BAMBI Diamond Edition release, empowering viewers with the ability to engage with film content on multiple media platforms and bring them to life in their own hands at the touch of a button. By simply downloading the new Disney Second Screen App onto an internet-connected computer or iPad and synching it to the movie. Check below for technical specifications and supplements for the film.
Technical & Video Specs
Blu-ray BD50 @ 1080p/MPEG4-AVC 1.33:1 Aspect Ratio
English DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 Surround
French 5.1 Dolby Enhanced Home Theater Mix
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Enhanced Home Theater Mix
- Inside Walt’s Story Meetings-Enhanced Edition – A fascinating, multi-tiered, interactive story-telling experience. Go back in time with dramatic voice re-enactments of the moments with Walt that led to the creation of this classic film.
- 2 Never Before Seen Deleted Scenes
- Deleted Song: “Twitterpated”
- Blu-ray Galleries—A collection of the extraordinary images originally created as part of the design process for BAMBI.
- Disney’s Big Book of Knowledge: BAMBI Edition— An interactive educational gaming experience that uses the film as a learning tool. Players can customize their own Big Book of Knowledge and learn all about forest creatures, seasons andmore! Each time a player completes a task, they are rewarded with new stickers to decorate their Big Book of Knowledge.
- The Making Of BAMBI: A Prince Is Born—A comprehensive look at the making of BAMBI covers the story, the characters, the actors, the art design, the music and the history of Walt Disney’s classic film using behind the scenes footage, production stills, animation, artwork and multiple interviews withperformers and behind the scenes participants.
- Tricks of the Trade (excerpt)—In an episode from the 1957 Disneyland TV show, Walt narrates the story of the multiplane camera, an animation innovation crucial to the production of BAMBI.
- Inside the Disney Archives—Disney Supervising Animator Andreas Deja guides viewers through Disney’s Animation Research Library, where artwork from past Disney animated feature films is stored, including early story sketches of Bobo the rabbit,” (who became Thumper), glass paintings made for the multiplane camera and more.
- The Old Mill—Winner of the 1937 Academy Award® for Best Short Subject/Cartoon, The Old Mill was a testing ground for several techniques critical to Walt’s artistic vision for BAMBI, including the multiplane camera, animating realistic animals and experimenting with such natural occurrences such as wind, rain and lightning.
- DisneyPedia: Bambi’s Forest Friends