Flicker Alley is known for restoring and releasing classics in cinema from a lot of early movie makers. Mack Sennett is one of the earliest mcke makers and Flicker Alley has restored enough to make The Mack Sennett Collection Vol. 1. This 3-disc Blu-ray set contains a daunting 50 films with some footage that hasn’t been seen in over 100 years.
Flicker Alley is running a contest to win this set by filling the link below.
These new editions in THE MACK SENNETT COLLECTION, VOL. ONE have been painstakingly reconstructed by CineMuseum and Keystone Films using original 35mm nitrate, archival negatives, preservation materials, and sometimes the lone known surviving film print, from the collections of the Library of Congress, the Museum of Modern Art, The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Blackhawk Films, Lobster Films, the Richard M. Roberts Collection, Gierucki Studios, and dozens of privately held archives.
– Full color booklet filled with rare images, production information, restoration notes, and Keystone – Sennett player biographies
– New music scores from silent film accompanists Philip Carli, Ben Model, Dennis Scott, Andrew Simpson, and Donald Sosin
– Commentary tracks from noted comedy historians Brent Walker, Steve Massa, Richard M. Roberts, Stan Taffel, Sam Gill, Paul Gierucki, and others
– Memorabilia galleries featuring vintage lobby cards, glass slides, posters, scripts, studio photographs, The Mack Sennett Story by film historian Joe Adamson, and rare audio recordings
– Long unseen rarities: newsreels, trailers, outtakes, Sennett-Color films, the dedication of the Mabel Normand soundstage, This Is Your Life Mack Sennett, and much more!