A quick synopsis taken form the 88 Films website:
88 Films is ready to unleash a certified teen-tormenting gem in the timeless terror title HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW (1983). Remade as a Carrie Fisher-starring blockbuster in 2009, this original effort – about a dorm prank gone wrong and the terrible consequences – doubtlessly inspired such later revenge-flicks as I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER. A trendsetting genre template, HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW is the latest in our Slasher Classics line.
The feature is presented in a 1.78:1 ratio. For a movie that is almost 35 years old, the picture quality on this transfer is great, with only one or two noticeable drops in picture quality, although these are roughly only for a few seconds. The colours are bright and full during the daytime and look perfect at night, with no overshadowing or lack of clarity.
One of the things that impressed me the most about this release was the quality of the sound and audio on display. The sound is presented in LPCM Stereo 2.0, with voice, sound effects, and screams all sounding crisp. One of the biggest charms of this movie is the fantastic score composed by Richard Band, which sounds haunting and clear in this release (in comparison to the region 2 DVD release), a major plus point for the audio quality.
- Region Code: B
- Picture Format: HD 1.78:1
- Audio Format: LPCM Stereo
- Language: English
- Certification: 18
- Running Time: 92 Mins Approx
- Reversible sleeve featuring the original poster/name, with the other side featuring the the UK release title ‘House of Evil’.
- Interview with composer Richard Band.
- Interview with Film Critic Kim Newman.
- Original Trailer.
- Audio Commentary by the Hysteria Lives Podcast team.
- Limited Edition version is 1000 units, featuring a Collectors slipcover and a Collectors Booklet by Calum Waddell.
The numbered Limited Edition version with slipcover and booklet is still in stock over at the 88 Films website, so grab it now before it’s gone…