#001 Looper (Variant edition) (Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 24, 2015
Purchase link: Variant edition
Price: 34.99 Variant
Group Buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir

World Exclusive Art: Yes
Units: 2044 Variant
Finish: Mixed Gloss and Satin

Some of the features of the VARIANT Blu-ray SteelBook:
•Mondo X SteelBook series #001
•Gold variant sleeve sans credits (no credits) individually numbered out of 2044 with a gold bar sticker
•A loving treatment of the art created by Martin Ansin with extra details by the artist himself
•Disc art created specifically for this SteelBook release. Featuring an exact replica of the watch from the movie with rich colour tones
•The timelines are separated by detailed gloss and satin combined complex metallic layering
•Highly detailed metallic effect
•Each piece has been personally designed by Mondo and SteelBook from the front cover to the discs
•Packaged in a translucent sleeve with Mondo X SteelBook branding

00.jpg

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 10.jpg

Exclusive HDN Preview Video

Last edited:
Really like this torn so much.

Quite a bit in the GB cost (Around $60 Just under £40 I think).

With other potential relases I may have to wait.

Hopefully it isn't all gone by mid January so I can see what I have gotten for my Birthday and Christmas.

I must be the only person that thinks these are hideous. All the people look like they have a skin disease. I was an art major and I just don't get it.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Gold slip (without credits in the back) and numbered ;)

It looks like the title is missing on the front of the gold slip though, the regular slip has Looper written on the red bar :).

Also, Marc, does it really make a difference to combine shipping for two steelbooks to France? I already signed up for 1 Boyhood steelbook, and I'm planning on joining the GB for 1 Looper too, but given the info you provide, with $19 for shipping 1 steelbook and $37 for shipping 2/3 steelbooks, there's really nothing to gain by combining orders, is there?

It looks like the title is missing on the front of the gold slip though, the regular slip has Looper written on the red bar :).

Also, Marc, does it really make a difference to combine shipping for two steelbooks to France? I already signed up for 1 Boyhood steelbook, and I'm planning on joining the GB for 1 Looper too, but given the info you provide, with $19 for shipping 1 steelbook and $37 for shipping 2/3 steelbooks, there's really nothing to gain by combining orders, is there?
You save on the box/wrap. It's much Worth it to have 3 steels... if it's only 2, not really Worth it...

@Drum18 just looking at the pics side by side, the steelbooks are definitely different in color. Boyhood is different colors as well.

Boyhood reg has blue under his eye with blond hair. Boyhood variant has orange under his eye with white hair.

Looper reg is white. Looper variant is kind of tan.

Regular
00-jpg.122983

Variant
00-jpg.122992

These are 2 different steelbooks. I'm not the only one who can see the difference, right?

Last edited:
@Drum18 just looking at the pics side by side, the steelbooks are definitely different in color. Boyhood is different colors as well.

Boyhood reg has blue under his eye with blond hair. Boyhood variant has orange under his eye with white hair.

Regular
00-jpg.122983

Variant
00-jpg.122992

These are 2 different steelbooks. I'm not the only one who can see the difference, right?
I think the difference is with the slip that they are using..the standard will have the Mondo strip and clear slip and credited back while the variant will have a coloured slip with a clear back..

• Informative
Reactions: blumaster
@rj531 I now see what you're saying about the slip. When I read "gold" slip, I thought it was just referring to the gold number plate. So yeah, it does sound like it's a tinted slip.

It's a bummer for me. Would've much rather had different colored artwork.

Last edited:
just looking at the pics side by side, the steelbooks are definitely different in color. Boyhood is different colors as well.

Its the same with the boyhood steelbook, each edition has the exact same steelbook with no colour differences, but its the slips that are different, with the Boyhood variant coming in a coloured slip with the yellow and white artwork printed onto it. Check out to the video below made yesterday by xerox39 to see him showcasing it.

Looper now has something similar, so I wonder if this will be how the variants will continue to be done, (if in fact they continue to do variants with each release) with the slip being the way the variant is created? Its probably too early to tell as we are only 3 steels into the Mondo x FS partnership, but I could imagine it being quite costly to have 2 different versions of a steelbook printed in a single run.

its a nice steelbook but I'll pass I really am not a fan of the movie, despite owning the FS steelbook which I bought as a blind buy

You save on the box/wrap. It's much Worth it to have 3 steels... if it's only 2, not really Worth it...

Alright then, since I want only one steelbook of Boyhood and Looper I guess I'll have separate orders. Thanks for the clarification :).

I'll go and join the Looper GB now. Drive arrived mint and looks glorious, can't wait to expand my Mondo collection!