#009 Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: June 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Terminator 2: Judgment day Mondo X SteelBook
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes:

HDN exclusive article:
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/...eelbook-is-009-in-the-mondo-x-steelbook-line/

HDN Exclusive Teaser Video

00.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, might be giving up on the Mondo line. As of now, I have everything that's been released, but I can't justify continuing to spend money on films I don't like. It was fun while it lasted!

Isn't the theatrical running time 139 minutes?

That Mondo press release does say 'Theatrical Version', but then lists 'Feature RT: 153 minutes'

Unless that's the special features combined running time?
They mention mongrel media, a quick check shows their release is theatrical only per BD forum.

Any Canadians own this version and can confirm what's on it?

Edited-please no linking to other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else having the problem with not being able to buy it online? Says it can't be delivered to my location in Ontario so I can't order it online....Futureshop delivered to me all the time.

Hey everyone - just an update that bestbuy.ca website is having some IT issues on the release - we should be up by 11:00 PST...sorry!!! There will be a blog going up about the release at that time as well with all the details. Seems right now the description online ended up with the Dredd #006 info. Here are some more details on the release ahead of that...

2217264 –variant
About these Mondo X SteelBooks

I'll be back. Mondo is pleased to present these two stunning SteelBooks featuring art by the talented Tom Whalen avaliable worldwide only at Best Buy Canada. Make sure to check out the slick black and green SKYNET 1997 edition which features a foil microchip sticker and an 8-page art booklet.

Some of the features of the SKYNET 1997 version Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Limited to 1997 units

-Custom foil microchip sticker

-Zero credit sleeve to let the art shine through

-8 page art booklet

-Mondo X SteelBook™ series #009

-Art created by Mondo artist Tom Whalen

-Rugged satin finish

-Deep white layers that make the metal shine through (like it's under the skin)

2217263-regular

I'll be back. Mondo is pleased to present these two stunning SteelBooks featuring art by the talented Tom Whalen avaliable worldwide only at Best Buy Canada. Make sure to check out the slick black and green SKYNET 1997 edition which features a foil microchip sticker and an 8-page art booklet.

Some of the features of the regular Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Glossy finish

I'm glad that it's T2 but I'm a little disappointed with the artwork chosen when there is far better Mondo artwork available for this film. I suspected that T2 would be the next title to get a release due to the imminent arrival of Genisys in the cinema but was hoping that they would utilise this artwork instead.

terminator2.jpg

As regards the chosen artwork, I prefer the Variant to the Regular version. That, in itself, is a little annoying since I have always opted for the Regular versions over the Variants, where there has been a choice, in order to retain a uniform Mondo collection. I guess that this time I'm going to have to go with my preferred choice and to hell with the uniformity.

Notes: Variant is printed on the steelbook, NOT on the sleeve. Numbered edition.

View attachment 165676

Am I right in assuming from what's been written above, that for this release, there will be two different Steelbooks? The Regular version with the red artwork and the Variant with the green artwork?

As regards the disc itself, as has already been pointed out above, this is the same disc as released by Mongrel in Canada in August of last year, not the earlier disc that was contained in the Skynet Edition. For the benefit of those in Europe, Australasia, etc, the disc is Region ABC (Free).

Hey everyone - just an update that bestbuy.ca website is having some IT issues on the release - we should be up by 11:00 PST...sorry!!! There will be a blog going up about the release at that time as well with all the details. Seems right now the description online ended up with the Dredd #006 info. Here are some more details on the release ahead of that...

2217264 –variant

Some of the features of the SKYNET 1997 version Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Limited to 1997 units

-Custom foil microchip sticker

-Zero credit sleeve to let the art shine through

-8 page art booklet

-Rugged satin finish

2217263-regular

Some of the features of the regular Blu-ray SteelBook:

-Glossy finish

Thanks @BBYCMichael !! Are there more details to come on this or is that a no to the glow in the dark...

This is region free right?

Been wanting a T2 steel for a while but latest releases have been boring, but this!!!!!!

This looks awesome!!!!

Feeling a bit torn on this one. I don't know which one to get. Heh. I do prefer the red colours but it sounds like a fair amount of love has been put into the variant edition. Honestly, I'm kinda wishing the old variant arrangement was still available so I could have the predominantly red and white steelbook with a green and black slip. But I cannae complain that Mondo have gone to the effort of producing two different steelbooks for the film. Hmm, think it might have to be the regular version :)

Very disappointing, art isn't great, best buy is back on the slip. Pass on this. [emoji20]

I'm glad that it's T2 but I'm a little disappointed with the artwork chosen when there is far better Mondo artwork available for this film. I suspected that T2 would be the next title to get a release due to the imminent arrival of Genisys in the cinema but was hoping that they would utilise this artwork instead.

View attachment 165695

As regards the chosen artwork, I prefer the Variant to the Regular version. That, in itself, is a little annoying since I have always opted for the Regular versions over the Variants, where there has been a choice, in order to retain a uniform Mondo collection. I guess that this time I'm going to have to go with my preferred choice and to hell with the uniformity.

Am I right in assuming from what's been written above, that for this release, there will be two different Steelbooks? The Regular version with the red artwork and the Variant with the green artwork?

As regards the disc itself, as has already been pointed out above, this is the same disc as released by Mongrel in Canada in August of last year, not the earlier disc that was contained in the Skynet Edition. For the benefit of those in Europe, Australasia, etc, the disc is Region ABC (Free).
Tom Whalen is right near the top of my favorite Mondo artists. Don't know what you all are on about--this artwork is fantastic!

Reactions: NazguL66