#010 Ex Machina (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Aug 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Release date: July 14, 2015
Purchase link: Ex Machina Mondo
Price: $24.99
Group buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Region A locked

EX MACHINA Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook announced | Hi-Def Ninja - Blu-ray SteelBooks - Pop Culture - Movie News

Ex-Machina-Beauty-Shot.png

Ex-Machina-main-w-sleeve.pngEx-Machina-main.pngExMachina-Tilted.pngEx-Machjna-Insidewithinsert.pngEx-Machina-inside.pngEx-Machina_BACK-with-SLEEVE.pngEx-Machina-Back.png

"That image is just the slipcase - looking forward to showing the actual steel book... New art and the finish is unbelievable #ExMachina"

Last edited by a moderator:
As excited as I am to see it's (most likely) Ex Machina, I hope we get a movie soon where the artwork is a bit more lively and colorful. We've been getting a lot of bleak ones recently.

Reactions: psychoscot
I'm disappointed if it is Ex Machina because I don't find the poster that thrilling. One of the more blah Mondo prints if you ask me. It will make for a disappointing steel in comparison with the already released steel. On the other hand, I loved the movie and I wasnt lucky enough to get one of those other beautiful steels.

I'm disappointed if it is Ex Machina because I don't find the poster that thrilling. One of the more blah Mondo prints if you ask me. It will make for a disappointing steel in comparison with the already released steel. On the other hand, I loved the movie and I wasnt lucky enough to get one of those other beautiful steels.
I'm not crazy about it either. Mondo tends to be 50-50 in my opinion. (Not crazy about the T2s either- but I will get them for the set). Again- there is no way they can improve on the existing Ex Machina steel.

Reactions: harry
Really hope it is not Ex Machina, I'm happy with my Zavvi, just like some people said above, i don't think any other release can beat Zavvi's version unless it is Zavvi steelbook + lenti/full slip, then just maybe they can beat it.

Really hope it is not Ex Machina, I'm happy with my Zavvi, just like some people said above, i don't think any other release can beat Zavvi's version unless it is Zavvi steelbook + lenti/full slip, then just maybe they can beat it.

Careful, rolled eyes and sarcasm will be thrown your way for suggesting such things! :smuggrin::rofl:

Reactions: harry
Definitely ex machina as its got the hexagon texture in the teaser. Fits perfect in this mondo wave due to film getting great reviews. Just like last new release in mondo Boyhood, the film folows a different approach. It also fits with T2 due to both being machines, bring on Robocop for #011 lol

First off, Ex Machina was such a good movie, that owning multiple versions of it is completely justifiable. So I'll keep my Zavvi and order a Mondo.

Also, looks like FilmArena is going to be the WWA steel + full slip & goodies.