#010 Ex Machina (Mondo x SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Aug 9, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Release date: July 14, 2015
Purchase link: Ex Machina Mondo
Price: $24.99
Group buy: Drum18 or Biscuitnoir
Notes: Region A locked

EX MACHINA Mondo Blu-ray SteelBook announced | Hi-Def Ninja - Blu-ray SteelBooks - Pop Culture - Movie News

Ex-Machina-Beauty-Shot.png

Ex-Machina-main-w-sleeve.pngEx-Machina-main.pngExMachina-Tilted.pngEx-Machjna-Insidewithinsert.pngEx-Machina-inside.pngEx-Machina_BACK-with-SLEEVE.pngEx-Machina-Back.png

"That image is just the slipcase - looking forward to showing the actual steel book... New art and the finish is unbelievable #ExMachina"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok. My educated guesses are 3:
Fifty Shades of Grey
Unfriended
Pitch Perfect 2
They are all new (not catalog), Universal movies (which seems to be all of the Mondos), and passes that silly test...
:D
What do I get if I win?!!:LOL:
priceisright3.gif

Ok. My educated guesses are 3:
Fifty Shades of Grey
Unfriended
Pitch Perfect 2
They are all new (not catalog), Universal movies (which seems to be all of the Mondos), and passes that silly test...
:D
What do I get if I win?!!:LOL:
priceisright3.gif

Didn't read clue #2, my friend. :(

price_is_right_porsche_fail.jpg

Reactions: C.C. 95
Bechdel Test...passing it means, "the movie has more than one named female character, these women talk to one other and discuss topics other than men."

Ex-Machina...?

But if it does't pass it, that means there aren't two or more females that talk to each other about something other than a man. I'm trying to remember if
Ava talks to Kyoko other than the whisper near the end, which I'm assuming is about Nathan. If that's the case, then I guess it does fail the test.

If it's not Ex Machina...my guess would be Foxcatcher. It's a new release (within the past 3 months). I can only recall the mother, and the wife in the film. Neither of which ever talk to one another. So that definitely fails the test. And it has a Mondo poster already. Only thing is, it's released by Sony in Canada.

jay_shaw_foxcatcher_reg.jpg

Or possibly the movie Spring. Just came out last week, and the poster from Mondo was released last week as well. It's a love story, and basically only has 2 characters to speak of. There are no two women that talk to each other. Fails on that aspect. It's released on Starz/Anchor Bay in Canada.

spring_brandon-schaefer_1024x1024.jpg

Loved Spring, loathed Foxcatcher.