#017 The Avengers (Variant) (Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive) [China]

Dec 16, 2011
Shanghai
Release date: August 31st,2016
Purchase link: Blufans
Price: $42.99
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: Variant Sleeve - Full Gloss

123055cr0rdggdtdgg1tlt.jpg
123101cayfabl5p2pcyzvb.jpg

11532852n992driqc0z2oi.jpg

115324beu5ezexc6zgkzfn.jpg

115322efoocroqehx5cex2.jpg

115319bbuhuh2hhzyu1bza.jpg

115318s4qhp02x47oo4yo7.jpg

1200088e3nzwyc4e78yex8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info that is most helpful Jackie.

Just curious - was the label damaged, or was there anything else that might indicate to you if it was scanned it might have not registered?

If I'm going to order from BluFans again, I want to make sure next time I get tracking updates.

The label/packaging were both in great shape, nothing I could see to prevent it being scanned, so I don't understand the lack of updates after it left Shanghai.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
The label/packaging were both in great shape, nothing I could see to prevent it being scanned, so I don't understand the lack of updates after it left Shanghai.

Which is SUPER unusual. My experience with EMS, tracking is continuously updated throughout the process. At first, I thought maybe it didn't go EMS, but from what I could find - in the EMS system and the China EMS system, the number is registered with them, so I don't think it's on the end of BluFans in terms of not shipping the service they said they are. However, it's hella strange for it never to be updated.

The only thing that comes to mind - it actually was handed off to a third party shipping group when it entered the USA and that's caused the delay. I've had horrible experiences with third parties trying to "clear" my packages through customs and the rest.

I got that Mantalab Revenant exclusive, 1 copy, and it is almost here after less than 5 days, I think.

@apsmith21 this was posted by Kevin on the other forum:

"Due to some recent EMS system upgrades, there are some EMS delivery issues for some members in the group buys of INSIDE OUT, MONDO Avengers and Ant-Man Lenticular slip. If you haven't got your order by now, please call your local post office to check if your orders have been redirected to them. Also please pm me and I will reimburse your EMS fee. China Post delivery won't be effected by the upgrade. Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

Maybe call your post office and see if anything has happened? Don't know if you've done this already or not but doesn't hurt to ask them, also don't know if this pertains to you if you didn't go through his GB or ordered through the web-shop.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
@apsmith21 this was posted by Kevin on the other forum:

"Due to some recent EMS system upgrades, there are some EMS delivery issues for some members in the group buys of INSIDE OUT, MONDO Avengers and Ant-Man Lenticular slip. If you haven't got your order by now, please call your local post office to check if your orders have been redirected to them. Also please pm me and I will reimburse your EMS fee. China Post delivery won't be effected by the upgrade. Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

Maybe call your post office and see if anything has happened? Don't know if you've done this already or not but doesn't hurt to ask them, also don't know if this pertains to you if you didn't go through his GB or ordered through the web-shop.

Thanks for the suggestion, but a local USPS office will just say, we know as much as you do, the tracking is all we can look at. I had opened an investigation into receiving mail last week, specifically this particular package, which is something you can only do if you have a USPS account.

So all I can do is wait - since EMS is transferred to USPS when it reaches the USA and has been for years - so not certain why an "upgrade" would impact the process. lol

But I ordered through the webstore.

:)

Got my variant (and non variant) yesterday. Just like a lot of people, my slip has the warping on it. Also came with a small spine slash on the slip covering the spine. It's not really noticeable so I'm just going to live with it.

Got my variant (and non variant) yesterday. Just like a lot of people, my slip has the warping on it. Also came with a small spine slash on the slip covering the spine. It's not really noticeable so I'm just going to live with it.

Where is your warping located?

I got both mine today regular mail. And both normal and variant are warped variant worse than regular. It looks like to me that it's. Shear issue of the shrink wrap might be causing it or in the actual manufacturing of the slips themselves. One reason I'm asking you where yours warping is at.

Also with the mail I don't believe tracking updates once it hits the United States. I know for at least China post it dosnt ems might be the same now. And your local post office should be able to take the number and look in there system and see where it's at or if it's been scanned somewhere as they do still scan them they just don't show us anymore might be worth a try

Where is your warping located?

I got both mine today regular mail. And both normal and variant are warped variant worse than regular. It looks like to me that it's. Shear issue of the shrink wrap might be causing it or in the actual manufacturing of the slips themselves. One reason I'm asking you where yours warping is at.

Front bottom, more towards the left. My regular turned out ok, as in, no warping. Opening it up could be another story but
I'm not going to open them, don't need to. I'm not certain if it has something to do with the shrink wrapping since my non variant is ok, but I guess it's possible.

Front bottom, more towards the left. My regular turned out ok, as in, no warping. Opening it up could be another story but
I'm not going to open them, don't need to. I'm not certain if it has something to do with the shrink wrapping since my non variant is ok, but I guess it's possible.

Same location as both mine at first I thought my normal was fine as well tell I started examining it more it is warped right below the avengers letters and not really bad I thought at first it might have been like debossing in the letters or something tell I unwrapped it. I guess depending on how they shrink wrap them it could be the heat strip that deals the wrap before they hear it up to make it shrink. Or it could be how they are actually processing them through the factory in the manufacturing process. And how they are cutting and separating them from one another. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just on my regular but he variant that I plan on displaying looks bad

Same location as both mine at first I thought my normal was fine as well tell I started examining it more it is warped right below the avengers letters and not really bad I thought at first it might have been like debossing in the letters or something tell I unwrapped it. I guess depending on how they shrink wrap them it could be the heat strip that deals the wrap before they hear it up to make it shrink. Or it could be how they are actually processing them through the factory in the manufacturing process. And how they are cutting and separating them from one another. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was just on my regular but he variant that I plan on displaying looks bad

It's disappointing especially at this price. Since this happened with other Mondo slips, I would think it's a manufacturing problem.

It's disappointing especially at this price. Since this happened with other Mondo slips, I would think it's a manufacturing problem.

What other mondos did this happen to? As all my others are in perfect shape the ends arnt bent in like these either they are square and flat no warps anywhere?

What other mondos did this happen to? As all my others are in perfect shape the ends arnt bent in like these either they are square and flat no warps anywhere?

It happened a lot with the Thing. I think I have another one with it but I can't remember which one right now, have to check.

It happened a lot with the Thing. I think I have another one with it but I can't remember which one right now, have to check.

I saw it with Reservoir Dogs as well

Thanks guys I just checked mine again being paranoid lol and mine are perfect it does look like a manufacturing issue for these though maybe coming in contact with a heat source somewhere in the production line that it shouldn't hope they fix it before anymore are released

Finally received my copy today and I can unfortunately say, that I'm also a member of the warping club :(
I contacted them and they'll send a replacement slip. I wonder how that one will turn out...

Got my replacement slip today

Seems fine so I'm happy with that but it did arrive in a thin envelope air mailer with a bit of bubble wrap, luckily was not bent or damaged but I can imagine someone won't have good luck with it and for once it wasn't me!

image.jpeg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Ranavalone