#021 The Jungle Book (Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: February 12, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday December 17, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: Art by Olly Moss, gloss

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

junglebook1.jpg
junglebook2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had an order from Zavvi intercepted by customs. And I've ordered quite a lot over €22 euro which is "limit" here in NL
German customs are more strict compared to other EU countries

Zavvi only apply VAT as paid for customers based in the UK

Customers based outside the UK Vat is not officially listed as paid on orders with Zavvi
Have a look at your packaging it has VAT 0.00 and your order history don't list Vat has been paid.

Customs in any EU country outside the UK could at any stage start looking for VAT on orders over the import threshold but most of us not had that happen yet but it does happen in Germany with some customers

About 4 to 5 years ago a few customers in Rep of Ireland got hit for VAT payment with customs on Zavvi orders but not since then
I not got hit by customs on my Zavvi orders but it's something that can happen at any stage

Zavvi use the channel islands to avoid VAT ;) this is why they are registered as a business in both Cheshire, UK and Channel Islands

Zavvi really should show Vat as paid in my opinion like Amazon do based on your vat rate for your country
Zavvi don't remove UK VAT from the prices for EU customers when your order :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Zavvi prices is based on exchange rate and VAT is not removed if they did it would be cheaper than UK £ prices
I could argue with customs they have taken Vat payment but just not passed it onto revenue

Zavvi terms and conditions
https://www.zavvi.com/articles/terms-conditions.list
11. Price and Payment

All prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering the information onto the system. We reserve the right, however, to change prices at any time without notice to you (save that any changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation).

If your delivery address is within the United Kingdom, no additional taxes will be charged to you.

If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom you may be subject to import duties and taxes (including VAT), which are levied once a delivery reaches your destination country. Any such additional charges must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies and practices vary widely from country to country. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for information.

Last edited:
Meh. Looks ok at first glance but, the more you look around, the more you see they wasted multiple areas of very limited real estate.

-Back is just an enlarged image of front center.
-Disc artwork is same as front cover.
-Inside is boring mess of.... green sticks?

There are so many great characters in this classic with adventurous and lush animation throughout.

Where are all the main characters? Sorry, but color me unimpressed.

Meh. Looks ok at first glance but, the more you look around, the more you see they wasted multiple areas of very limited real estate.
-Back is just an enlarged image of front center.
-Disc artwork is same as front cover.
-Inside is boring mess of.... green sticks?
There are so many great characters in this classic with adventurous and lush animation throughout.
Where are all the main characters? Sorry, but color me unimpressed.

I see your point and I agree with part of what you wrote - the part about the absence of the main characters in the story (which I miss too) . . . but that's about it.
1967 Promo image .................................................. 1990 re-release poster
upload_2017-12-18_1-43-55.png
upload_2017-12-18_1-45-23.png

My point of view is that this is a more grown-up take on the JUNGLE BOOK - at least compared to the child-friendly Disney artwork of lovely embossed steelbook #1 and on every edition of "The Jungle Book" from VHS onwards (which fits in so well with most of the others in the collection) - and despite the different style this will become a valued addition to any collection of Mondo or Disney steelbooks . . . especially if they do more than just the two:-
72910_large.jpg
74946_large.jpg
111903_large.jpg
102022_large.jpg
7713_large.jpg
102325_large.jpg
70944_large.jpg
20311_large.jpg
upload_2017-12-18_1-37-6.png
upload_2017-12-18_1-38-38.png
upload_2017-12-18_1-40-41.png
upload_2017-12-18_1-59-8.png
and so on . . .

- Granted, the back is weak and could have been better, certainly, but the inside is fine as "It's a jungle" for a "Jungle Book" steelbook . . .

- Disc art is a definite plus and always welcome . . . especially when it blends in with the steelbook art.
I mean, I doubt you would honestly prefer this:-
upload_2017-12-18_0-46-41.png

Summary: Cool, creative artwork which although doesn't get two thumbs up from me gets at least one . . . :thumbs:

Pity The Beatles were too busy to do the vultures . . .

. . . and the final word goes to Walt's grandniece Abigail Disney
Anti-Semite? Check. Misogynist? Of course! Racist? C'mon, he made a film (Jungle Book) about how you should stay 'with your own kind' at the height of the fight over segregation! As if the 'King of the Jungle' number wasn't proof enough. How much more information do you need?
With family like that, who needs enemies . . .

• Helpful Post
Reactions: kitsune and DrH
It's either something wrong on your end or something uniquely right on mine, because I'm seeing the page with no problems.

This page can't be found.

It's either been removed from this location, or the URL is wrong.
We've recorded this error to help us improve the site.

Is it something wrong on my end or is it gone?

I just clicked on the link and it works for me.
I'm also in Canada.

Perhaps it will work for you now?

This page can't be found.

It's either been removed from this location, or the URL is wrong.
We've recorded this error to help us improve the site.

Is it something wrong on my end or is it gone?

I see now. The USA link isn't working but the UK link is.

The price is CA$43.73.

Ah got it working, yeah it doesn't seem to pop up if the region is set to USA.

Really appreciate the help! Now to weigh and see if it's worth it to order Jungle Book, Incredibles, and We Are X all at once.

Yes I see that The Jungle Book steelbook isn't listed on the U.S. site at all.
It could be because this is Region B and C only and not for North America.

But don't wait too long. I don't know if The Incredibles is going to be around long.