#021 The Jungle Book (Blu-ray Mondo X SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Release date: February 12, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sunday December 17, 2017 6 PM GMT)
Price: £24.99
Note: Art by Olly Moss, gloss

Announced at Mondo Talk at MondoCon 2017. The first two Mondo x SteelBook Disney SteelBooks will feature artwork by Tom Whalen and Olly Moss.

junglebook1.jpg
junglebook2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the look of this one a lot, count me in!

@Flloydo Looks like you got your wish!
Hells yeah! One of my favourite Disney classics, and I absolutely adore that artwork. :drool:

@Flloydo

Holy fudge it’s amazing when a wish comes true. Makes up for the crappy zavvi one (but still happy to own it lol)

Hoping that all of shere khan and the image inside is spot glossed

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Back art is a bit lazy IMO as is the inside

I agree with the other mondos having lazy back art but I’m happy it’s a bigger image of mowgli and kaa on the back for this

So this looks like it is Region B and C only.
Sucks for North America.

Also Zavvi has listed all of the credits for the live Jon Favreau movie.

@tridon OP shows (Live Sun Dec 17,2018 6pm GMT) I'm guessing that's 2017?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: tridon
Great news for Disney and MONDO fans . . . especially for MONDO fans as seemed like a definite lull in the proceedings with nothing in the UK since May (WE ARE X) and before that nothing since February, 2016 (LABYRINTH).
. . . or maybe a couple a year is usual for the company?

Anyway like I said great choice of title and artwork and a definite double-dip to join the classic art of the previous release.

One stripey steelbook with diagonal lines everywhere you look . . . and that tiger stripe spine continuing the theme is terrific.

Love the front design - and the disc - bit a bit sad about the no-show anywhere of Baloo, Bagheera and King Louie (unless one or more are concealed behind the disc) . . .

Last edited:
I’m so happy that my favourite Pixar film and favourite Disney film are getting the mondo treatment

Just need ratatouille, up, monsters inc, Alice in wonderland, Robin Hood and the rescuers and ill be a happy man

When Mondo repeated the front art onto the back for Blade Runner it received lots of criticism, but on this it gets praise?

Maybe many haven't noticed?

Personally I like it.

When Mondo repeated the front art onto the back for Blade Runner it received lots of criticism, but on this it gets praise?

Maybe many haven't noticed?

Personally I like it.

Somebody in this thread called it lazy. But I like it.
I will have to grab this to keep the Mondo X collection going even though it is only Region B and C.

I'm really surprised, this being Disney, that it's Region B and C only when their releases are usually region free.
Even if it is a UK Zavvi exclusive. The Incredibles is a UK Zavvi exclusive as well and that title is region free.

I’ve noticed how lazy some Mondo steels have gotten

This, Incredibles, Blade Runner 2049

Repeating a part of the artwork for the back of interior

Come on guys...you have people on here like Noodles who looks like he could s*** a great design out in his sleep