Release date: December 10, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon IT - Amazon DE - Amazon ES - Amazon FR
Price: €24.99
Notes: Art by Justin Erickson

71QBwyHxjLL._SY679_.jpg

81MS9Sh47OL._SX522_.jpg

811qgiKh8uL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi tweeted last week they will be announcing new steelbooks to pre order on Black Friday I'm taking a guess some of them will be the Mondo steelbooks

With the UK ratings logos on the slips shown on scanavo website if correct they will be getting a UK release

So the back artwork and the inside artwork are just a rehash of the front art.
Mondo really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I think I would have liked it more if they had stuck with the iconic purple/green colour scheme usually associated with the film. Still, love the art!

So the back artwork and the inside artwork are just a rehash of the front art.
Mondo really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I'd say that's more studio driven then Mondo. Controlling costs and/or managing release timelines. As opposed to saying "hey let's create some new art for x, x, x, and x titles."

as all of these have previously created art.

Exorcist-REG.jpg

Artist's view.

"Voted as the scariest movie and best horror film of all time on countless lists, The Exorcist needs no introduction. Neither does the original poster with its iconic image of Father Merrin approaching the house containing a possessed Regan. With this poster I wanted to foreshadow and represent the confrontation between good and evil. "

I'd say that's more studio driven then Mondo. Controlling costs and/or managing release timelines. As opposed to saying "hey let's create some new art for x, x, x, and x titles."

That was always my guess. I'm sure Mondo are paid for the art already created. To create art for the back of the steelbook I'm sure the artist would have to be paid for new art. They aren't going to do it for free lol.

That was always my guess. I'm sure Mondo are paid for the art already created. To create art for the back of the steelbook I'm sure the artist would have to be paid for new art. They aren't going to do it for free lol.
I like the times they pulled art from the Vinyls they do cause there is then usually more art then just a poster .. front, back, inside .... thus lends well to the steel.

HNEJST11685-3.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian

as all of these have previously created art.

Exorcist-REG.jpg

Artist's view.

"Voted as the scariest movie and best horror film of all time on countless lists, The Exorcist needs no introduction. Neither does the original poster with its iconic image of Father Merrin approaching the house containing a possessed Regan. With this poster I wanted to foreshadow and represent the confrontation between good and evil. "
I get what you are saying but penny pinching like this with repeating the same artwork all over just diminishes the steelbook quality overall and puts off many potential customers. This is why except for just 2 or 3 releases most of the Mondo line have ended up in clearance sales and in bargain bins.

I definitely hear you and agree. But bigger reason they have ended up as such is the Print runs are much higher. Even w diff back art on some wouldn’t have stopped that all the ones that never did and are higher value also are ones that have had less made.

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad