Navan/Ireland
Release date: February 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Artwork by Tom Whalen.

12011645-2124639355208339.jpg

12011645-4514639355073864.jpg 12011645-2104639516653414.jpg

Last edited:
Was your Frozen Mondo X steelbook shipped in the white box as mine was not it was in cardboard mailer and was not sent from guernsey
I struggle to even remember things from yesterday lol, but yeah... I'm pretty sure it came in one of their usual white boxes. My copy of Pinocchio was definitely shipped from Guernsey too.

Both Frozen and this arrived from Guernsey in the white mailer.
The Steel looks really nice.
Would like to see some opened pictures as I am collecting the Mondo Disney Steels unopened

Both Frozen and this arrived from Guernsey in the white mailer.
The Steel looks really nice.
Would like to see some opened pictures as I am collecting the Mondo Disney Steels unopened

Not easy to find as everyone appears to be keeping them sealed ... that said found these on Instagram:-
1549456409781.png
1549456434455.png

1549456364967.png

Reactions: DMD4k and DrH
Zavvi had the cheek to offer me 25% refund

I made it clear to them I want a replacement

The only place this steelbook should be going is in the waste bin it's that badly damaged
Zavvi will also have to pay me in advance the return post cost which is €12.00 to send by registered post from Rep of Ireland to UK

I don't think zavvi CS read messages correctly as I was given the option of using inpost return locker service that's UK only
I made it very clear from the first message I sent to zavvi about this steelbook I'm based in Rep of Ireland

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Reactions: paulboland
Thanks for posting these shots, very excited to see this in person!

Sorry Paul, you've had a bad run of luck lately :(
I have a bad 7 days of deliveries with mondo x steelbooks

Zavvi Frozen and Pinocchio both destroyed

Amazon was UPS deliveries I paid extra for priority shipping that made no difference to steelbooks arriving without damage
I ordered all 7 of Mondo x warner steelbooks 3 of them arrived damaged
Amazon Germany IT Mondo x steelbook dented and slip damaged (replacement due to be delivered this coming Tue)
Amazon Italy Exorcist Mondo x steelbook bad dent and V for vendetta Mondo x steelbook dented (replacement to be delivered this coming Tue)

Amazon Italy want the damaged steelbooks returned but not amazon germany

I have had other steelbooks delivered this week from zavvi not mondo x these arrived ok

It's only been the mondo x steelbooks I'm getting delivered damaged

Amazon Italy and Amazon Germany replacements are been shipped using my local postal provider An Post
I will be outside waiting for the postman :LOL: to collect by hand and not be put through my letterbox

• Haha
I have a bad 7 days of deliveries with mondo x steelbooks

Zavvi Frozen and Pinocchio both destroyed

Amazon was UPS deliveries I paid extra for priority shipping that made no difference to steelbooks arriving without damage
I ordered all 7 of Mondo x warner steelbooks 3 of them arrived damaged
Amazon Germany IT Mondo x steelbook dented and slip damaged (replacement due to be delivered this coming Tue)
Amazon Italy Exorcist Mondo x steelbook bad dent and V for vendetta Mondo x steelbook dented (replacement to be delivered this coming Tue)

Amazon Italy want the damaged steelbooks returned but not amazon germany

I have had other steelbooks delivered this week from zavvi not mondo x these arrived ok

It's only been the mondo x steelbooks I'm getting delivered damaged

Amazon Italy and Amazon Germany replacements are been shipped using my local postal provider An Post
I will be outside waiting for the postman :LOL: to collect by hand and not be put through my letterbox
(Mondo) X marks the spot... for destruction!!
That's a lot of bad luck for one week's worth.

Reactions: paulboland
I think this is my least favourite despite it having a decent finish. Think it’s the art used is just a little plain however it looks good with all the other Disney Mondo together.

Think jungle book is my fav followed by mermaid and frozen

A12F696F-6F08-480C-AD6F-A300B7B54C86.jpeg

3988C517-6837-403A-9E15-68F03A843007.jpeg

E2FA3BC3-F015-413E-990B-123D17F2A309.jpeg

F3E1F602-7A9F-404C-82B4-45AA9BEF1CDC.jpeg

18FF90BA-2A03-48A6-892A-570F8B931511.jpeg

DB790417-07CA-4C8A-9B4D-B732455A333B.jpeg

BC528F88-3D61-4DCD-9D89-5558F126327C.jpeg

FA12B1FC-DCDD-41EF-946B-970C4CA09E85.jpeg

5FBA66A4-1792-4E16-ABF7-4604A93ABBF9.jpeg

I just realized that the disc has the region B logo on it but Zavvi's listing says it's region free. Hmm. :dunno:
Pinocchio is Region B locked in the UK
Same as previous UK Blu-ray discs of Pinocchio
Only difference is Mondo artwork on the disc

Never go retailer website region code details listed as often can be wrong.

Does this happen often?

No, not in my personal experience . . . although occasional damaged steelbooks do slip through the net more often than not posted damaged and not damaged in transit.
Main issue with (standard) steelbooks is quality control or rather the lack thereof - as mass produced products quality control appears to be very laid-back with examples sent out exhibiting manufacturing defects such as scratches, paint chips, paint discolouration, paint stretching at the corners, dents and dings etc. not to mention the dreaded spine slash . . . all issues obviously having occurred before the steelbooks reach the retailers.
Be advised that if OCD inclined collecting steelbooks will tax your nature to the extreme.
Speaking for myself I've been lucky as bought many, many steelbooks since 2008 from UK retailers and have hardly ever suffered steelbook gross negligence.
On the other hand because the majority of mine have yet to be unsealed and haven't been fully inspected it's quite possible that all kind of teeny, tiny horrors could be lurking behind the J-cards and O-rings ...

Recieved today. Really like it and it goes well with the other Disney's. Was about to post some pics but @Flloydo got that covered. Nice pics mate. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo