Release date: February 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Artwork by Tom Whalen.

12011645-2124639355208339.jpg

12011645-4514639355073864.jpg 12011645-2104639516653414.jpg

Last edited:
Got it today and I love it :D
Still waiting for Frozen though :( Should've arrived days ago (weeks) & Zavvi is enforcing their 21 days. I?m just hoping it doesn't sell out before they can send a replacement...

I just realized that the disc has the region B logo on it but Zavvi's listing says it's region free. Hmm. :dunno:
Yeah it definitely said region free like the other Disney releases so I ordered it and went to play it when it arrived and can't. Checked the site and now it says region B. Zavvi won't let me return it either. What a waste. That's my last zavvi purchase.

Yeah it definitely said region free like the other Disney releases so I ordered it and went to play it when it arrived and can't. Checked the site and now it says region B. Zavvi won't let me return it either. What a waste. That's my last zavvi purchase.

It's the same for Sleeping Beauty. The listing shows as A,B,C but it will be Region B.

It's the same for Sleeping Beauty. The listing shows as A,B,C but it will Region B.

That's weird because that's what it shows for Little mermaid and that one is region free. Makes no sense.

That's weird because that's what it shows for Little mermaid and that one is region free. Makes no sense.

What I understand now is that since these Disney Mondo X steelbooks are released by Zavvi in the UK, the region coding on the discs is the same as the discs of past releases of the same titles in the UK.

Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio and The Jungle Book were released in the UK as region B discs in the past. The Little Mermaid, Frozen, Alice In Wonderland, Wreck It Ralph and The Incredibles were released with region free discs in the UK in the past.

I don't know how they make the original decisions. Of course all of the original releases in North America would be region A or region free.

Reactions: Leafs17
Sorry to be a party pooper, but to me, all these Mondo steels are a disappointment.

At first glance, they all look SPECTACULAR based on the front cover.

However, all of them suffer from 2 main issues.

1. Mondo continues to use tiny pieces of the front cover artwork to fill in the entire remaining real estate of the steelbook (back, and both side of the inside). Yes, I know that this is because the artwork is "approved" and based on Tom Whalen's design. It still feels very lazy like they majorly gypped out on the rest of the steelbook.

2. Also, why do they continue to cheap out with these single disc offerings when everyone knows all the bonus disc content is available in other releases for years and is withheld here. The "red-tape" shenanigans of the studios and "rights", or perhaps.. what (penny pinching?) on extra cost of disc inclusion or whatever just doesn't feel right to me. Of all people to cater your best effort to, the premium collectible steelbook community is the top of the top for big $$$ spent on premium packaging.

So unfortunately I have a hard time supporting the Mondo Disney effort knowing that it's all based off a single image and one disc.

Been after this for a while and the price it was at yesterday was a must so ordered :thumbs: