Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

12032361-1184645009773366.jpg12032361-1354645028240340.jpg12032361-2124645028091540.jpg12032361-1714645027902555.jpg

I'm guessing Disney or Zavvi or whoever pays Mondo or the artist for the art that will be used on the steelbook.
This art wasn't created for the steelbook, it was created long before there was a steelbook. If you want more art on the back then somebody has to pay the artist to create more art to be used on the back. More money for more art equals more money for the cost of the steelbook.

1) Mondo is paid from Zavvi, there's a certain license fee that Mondo charges to use their art on a steelbook.
2) Correct, and why something like a LP works well, with Pet Sematary since art was commissioned for the front, back and inside of the jacket.

Thanks Apollon but it still doesn't work for me. Is it because I'm in US? :(

It was reported as working earlier but they sometimes deactivate the codes shortly after a listing goes up... only to re-activate later. I'd wait and watch the thread if I were you till another member tries and posts that it works.

Side note, for future reference: I recommend either using the "reply" button under a post you're replying to, or tagging another member's username (by typing the @ symbol then the username, à la Twitter), otherwise they might miss the post directed at them if they're not reading every post in every thread. :)

Reactions: apsmith21 and Khill
It was reported as working earlier but they sometimes deactivate the codes shortly after a listing goes up... only to re-activate later. I'd wait and watch the thread if I were you till another member tries and posts that it works.

Side note, for future reference: I recommend either using the "reply" button under a post you're replying to, or tagging another member's username (by typing the @ symbol then the username, à la Twitter), otherwise they might miss the post directed at them if they're not reading every post in every thread. :)
Gotcha thank you! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN
This is gotta be the most beautiful Disney Mondo for me, I absolutely love this art and the color they used. Wow just wow! :oohyeah:

Zavvi - 10% Discount works

1- Put the item in your basket
2- Click this link HERE
3- Input this code: WELCOME346

This one just worked for me

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
I'm not sure If that is only for US. But you can always check to see, the code is 5OFF

Thank you for that code. I used it on the US site. I ordered 2 items as well and received the free shipping just like the UK site.
This came out to $81.62 Canadian as opposed to $88.12 on the UK site.

Now I just need to know if these are shipped from the US or do they still come from Guernsey.
If from the US, do they ship each item individually like Guernsey? If not, I may have a customs problem which would eliminate the discount and cost me more.

Thank you for that code. I used it on the US site. I ordered 2 items as well and received the free shipping just like the UK site.
This came out to $81.62 Canadian as opposed to $88.12 on the UK site.

Now I just need to know if these are shipped from the US or do they still come from Guernsey.
If from the US, do they ship each item individually like Guernsey? If not, I may have a customs problem which would eliminate the discount and cost me more.
I think my orders are still shipped from UK but I dont want to say I'm sure 100% since I never check where the shipping from address was but they shipped it individually in the white box like usual. So that's why I say maybe they're still being shipped from UK regardless which country site you ordered from.
Maybe @apsmith21 can verify this for us?

Reactions: Stygian
I think my orders are still shipped from UK but I dont want to say I'm sure 100% since I never check where the shipping from address was but they shipped it individually in the white box like usual. So that's why I say maybe they're still being shipped from UK regardless which country site you ordered from.

How long ago was your last delivery?

99% sure they still ship from the UK

Reactions: Stygian and Khill
Granted, these Illustrated Art steelbooks are not for everyone but I personally find them incredibly exciting . . . with Disney teaming up with Mondo for some designs a few years ago I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more transferred to steelbooks . . . large choice of artworks available after all:-
1548505396455.png

http://disneytimes.com/2014/02/disney-teams-up-with-mondo-for-special-poster-gallery/

Personal favourites include:-
THE LION KING, FINDING NEMO and ALADDIN from Tom Whalen
SNOW WHITE by Anne Benjamin

Reactions: Khill
Was just looking through the Disney Mondo art...some really great art there. Really loved 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea And The Black Cauldron prints....wish they would release the films in blu-ray so we have a chance at steelbooks. Non Disney stuff...The Iron Giant & Rocketeer are awesome.

Was just looking through the Disney Mondo art...some really great art there. Really loved 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea And The Black Cauldron prints....wish they would release the films in blu-ray so we have a chance at steelbooks. Non Disney stuff...The Iron Giant & Rocketeer are awesome.

Rocketeer is Disney... ;)