Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

12032361-1184645009773366.jpg12032361-1354645028240340.jpg12032361-2124645028091540.jpg12032361-1714645027902555.jpg

The Sleeping Beauty art, which I do like BTW, is hilarious; I never would have guessed that Aurora could handle a sword so well. :rofl: Had to look hard for which hand is holding that sword. :smuggrin:

Wow x2 . . . these seem to be getting better as they go along . . . love the artwork + the sky blue background - when grey or white might have been more expected - is a pleasant surprise and works well celebrating what is after all a very colourful film:-
1548679377082.png
1548680165089.png
1548680392644.png

Regarding the colour of Alice's dress: even though through the ages Alice has been drawn wearing various colours - from yellow with a big blue bow to red - some of the earliest illustrations have her in blue . . . apart from that, Disney seems to be a fan of the colour judging by his princesses/heroines (maybe also taking added inspiration from the Dorothy character in the original WIZARD OF OZ):-
1548683266276.png

1548684817369.png

1548684142602.png
etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Alf_1 and TriSteel
Haha, I'll live. And I do like this art, too, and I don't have Alice on blu-ray yet, even though it's one of my favorite classic Disneys. I just think it's funny that one of my top two Whalen steelbook wants isn't going to happen.

View attachment 410474

Haha, I'll live. And I do like this art, too, and I don't have Alice on blu-ray yet, even though it's one of my favorite classic Disneys. I just think it's funny that one of my top two Whalen steelbook wants isn't going to happen.

1548727517957.png

I am very happy that they are not using the Whalen art for Alice in Wonderland! Whalen art stinks and the cover art of this Ken Taylor’s steel is amazing... I am very happy Zavvi went with the much better choice. Ken’s art work fits the Alice in Wonderland perfect versus the horrible Whalen art!

The Ken Taylor cover is way more vibrant and appealing to the eyes versus the Whalen monotoned art is boring and does not capture the classic style of the movie... Thank god they are not doing the Whalen cover art.

The Ken Taylor cover art is exactly what I imagine all the chaos and craziness Alice encounters throughtout the movie to be like for this steels cover art.

I hope within the picture the artist adds little subliminal messages/easter eggs like they did with the original movie. Lots of Subliminal messages. .

Whooo R U

5-B03881-C-E99-F-4-ACE-84-D7-2-B8256-E164-C3.gif
[/URL]

32-E4-AD3-E-9-DAC-467-F-879-B-E69-EA7-F14-A5-C.gif
[/URL]

Last edited:

[/IMG]

All these pics should be GIF’s but IMGUR IS THE WORST AND I HOPE THEY SHUT DOWN.. I give up... these pic hosting sites suck ballz! Not Sure why Tinypic is not working and WHY DO WE NEED TO UPLOAD TO a photo hosting site anyway in order to get large photos and not thumbnails? Super annoying!

Can highdefninja change there photo uploading so we dont have to use photo hosting sites.. thanks

Last edited:

[/IMG]

All these pics should be GIF’s but IMGUR IS THE WORST AND I HOPE THEY SHUT DOWN.. I give up... these pic hosting sites suck ballz! Not Sure why Tinypic is not working and WHY DO WE NEED TO UPLOAD TO a photo hosting site anyway in order to get large photos and not thumbnails? Super annoying!

Can highdefninja change there photo uploading so we dont have to use photo hosting sites.. thanks

You don't need to use image hosting sites to share GIFs bud... simply select the Giphy icon (highlighted in the example below), enter your search word in the box that appears, then choose your desired GIF and post.

The same applies for photos... just click the "Attach files" button and follow the steps. ;)

EXAMPLE.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alf_1
Finally took the plunge and pre-ordered my first Mondo X Steelbook :joy: as Ken Taylor’s artwork for Alice in Wonderland is a work of art :drool: and captures the essence of the movie perfectly. Next up to order is Pet Sematary and by the looks of things Frozen has turned out to be quite the stunner aswell. Just to confirm would it be safe to assume that a SCF1 / SC3 is a perfect fit for these Mondo X’s ?

• Thanks
Reactions: DrH and DMD4k
Finally took the plunge and pre-ordered my first Mondo X Steelbook :joy: as Ken Taylor’s artwork for Alice in Wonderland is a work of art :drool: and captures the essence of the movie perfectly. Next up to order is Pet Sematary and by the looks of things Frozen has turned out to be quite the stunner aswell. Just to confirm would it be safe to assume that a SCF1 / SC3 is a perfect fit for these Mondo X’s ?

I remove the shrink-wrap and SCF1 fits perfectly.

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k and willbar84
@paulboland

Hi Paul,

Do you have any information on the region coding for past UK blu-ray releases of Alice In Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty and Wreck It Ralph?

Zavvi's site says these 3 Mondo releases are region free but they were wrong about Pinocchio.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: paulboland
@paulboland

Hi Paul,

Do you have any information on the region coding for past UK blu-ray releases of Alice In Wonderland, Sleeping Beauty and Wreck It Ralph?

Zavvi's site says these 3 Mondo releases are region free but they were wrong about Pinocchio.

Thanks in advance!
@Stygian
UK Sleeping Beauty is Region B locked

UK
Alice in Wonderland and Wreck it Ralph both are Region Free

Reactions: Stygian
Dispatched here also. :)

I've now had to relocate my Mondo X collection to a bigger shelf, which is already almost full... they're pumping them out this year!

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Dispatched here also. :)

I've now had to relocate my Mondo X collection to a bigger shelf, which is already almost full... they're pumping them out this year!

I hear ya. My Mondo X collection is complete so my shelf is overflowing by 1 but I have 3 duplicates.