Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

12032361-1184645009773366.jpg12032361-1354645028240340.jpg12032361-2124645028091540.jpg12032361-1714645027902555.jpg

This is like a weird joke. First they do Whalen steels for three movies in a row that I'm not interested in buying, while I patiently wait for them to do a Whalen Alice in Wonderland. Then they do the film and it's not the Whalen art. :facepalm:

That sucks, sorry dude :(

That sucks, sorry dude :(
Haha, I'll live. And I do like this art, too, and I don't have Alice on blu-ray yet, even though it's one of my favorite classic Disneys. I just think it's funny that one of my top two Whalen steelbook wants isn't going to happen.

Alice Whalen.png

Haha, I'll live. And I do like this art, too, and I don't have Alice on blu-ray yet, even though it's one of my favorite classic Disneys. I just think it's funny that one of my top two Whalen steelbook wants isn't going to happen.

View attachment 410474

Like you I assumed the entire wave was going to be Whalen, and now seeing we have a different artist, I'm keen on what that might mean for future titles.

this one looks insanely good tbh.. and i dont even care about disney...

and imo it looks nicer than the whalen artwork
I think it's great that they're doing more artists than just Whalen. Increases the anticipation to see what they'll choose next, and gives them more titles to choose from. :)

Hhmm I'll be honest I preferred the artwork that was posted in the Frozen thread for this film
So do I... this one is a bit too busy for my liking, and I'm not sure about the pale blue border - they should've left it white like in the actual art print.

Clearly the best of the Disney Mondo line. Although I do love the jungle book Mondo.

I do like the Whalen art a lot but this is so much better.

Plus it’s my favourite Disney animation film and the art serves it justice.

I kind of hate how they just repeat an image from the front onto the back...like seriously, get creative or do a character not on the front.

I kind of hate how they just repeat an image from the front onto the back...like seriously, get creative or do a character not on the front.

I'm guessing Disney or Zavvi or whoever pays Mondo or the artist for the art that will be used on the steelbook.
This art wasn't created for the steelbook, it was created long before there was a steelbook. If you want more art on the back then somebody has to pay the artist to create more art to be used on the back. More money for more art equals more money for the cost of the steelbook.

Are you paying? ;)

I'm guessing Disney or Zavvi or whoever pays Mondo or the artist for the art that will be used on the steelbook.
This art wasn't created for the steelbook, it was created long before there was a steelbook. If you want more art on the back then somebody has to pay the artist to create more art to be used on the back. More money for more art equals more money for the cost of the steelbook.

Are you paying? ;)

If they got them do something else and raised the price a little then yeah...I would.