10 Cloverfield Lane - In theaters March 11, 2016

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Valencia (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dan Trachtenberg[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mary Elizabeth Winstead[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Goodman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Gallagher Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maya Erskine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Douglas M. Griffin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cindy Hogan[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-03-11[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDb:
Waking up from a car accident, a young woman finds herself in the basement of a man who says he's saved her life from a chemical attack that has left the outside uninhabitable.

cloverfield-slice-600x200.jpg

VALENCIA revealed to be 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE ... From Collider.com, January 14th, 2016:

In 2014, news broke that filmmaker Dan Trachtenbergwho helmed the short filmPortal: No Escapewould be directing a post-apocalyptic thriller called Valencia(also referred to as The Cellar) for Bad Robot and Paramount Insurge, produced byJ.J. Abrams. While it’s true that the film is a post-apocalyptic thriller and was produced by Abrams, it appears that the Star Wars: The Force Awakens director has pulled another fast one on us—the movie’s actual title is 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Yes indeed, it appears as though that long-talked-about sequel to the secretive Abrams-produced 2008 film Cloverfield is not only happening, it’s already in the can. Abrams is taking the exact same marketing approach to this film as he did withCloverfield, as a Collider reader who caught an east coast screening of Paramount’s13 Hours hipped us to the news that the teaser trailer for 10 Cloverfield Lane is attached to Michael Bay’s Benghazi film. Surprise!

We subsequently reached out to Paramount Pictures for comment, who provided Collider with this exclusive statement from J.J. Abrams himself:

The idea came up a long time ago during production. We wanted to make it a blood relative of Cloverfield. The idea was developed over time. We wanted to hold back the title for as long as possible.

The film stars John Goodman, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, and John Gallagher, Jr. and when we previously spoke with Winstead while she was promoting her indie Faults, she told us the story revolves around a woman who wakes up in a cellar where she’s being kept by a stranger, played by Goodman. The actress previously elaborated a bit on the plot by saying the following:

He tells me that basically the world is over outside because there’s been a nuclear fall-out. It does have similarity to Faults, in some ways, because you don’t know who’s telling the truth or who to believe. There’s a lot of, who’s manipulating who, and all of that. Tonally, it’s very different, but it has some of those same themes.

Now that we know the title of the film, this “post-apocalyptic” setting appears to make much more sense, but how exactly it ties to Cloverfield remains unknown. Abrams tells us it’s a “blood relative”, which seems to suggest that the movie isn’t a direct sequel to Cloverfield but instead takes place within the same universe. Clearly it’s not found footage so it’s taking a different visual style than the Matt Reeves-directed original, but is it set within the New York City area? And how long after the events of Cloverfield does it pick up? That’s all unclear, but seeing as how the first trailer is set to arrive imminently, I’m sure we’ll have plenty more questions once that’s officially released.

Luckily, we don’t have to wait long at all to see the film. 10 Cloverfield Lane is set to hit theaters on March 11th.

What do you think, folks? 8 years later, are you still eager for another Cloverfield story? Sound off in the comments below.

Trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally I would have said "meh" to a Cloverfield sequel as I wasn't a huge fan of the 1st film.
However the trailer for this looks great even though it hasnt given much away. It might be a very claustrophobic setting like The Thing. Plus it's great to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead again. :drool:

Yeah this film is to do with cloverfield (well in the same universe) very strange indeed.

@tridon yeah very creepy, i just had a little look and although extremely confusing I clicked on one of the photos from the URL it give you (for that photo site) and put in the password
"Do you want to talk?"
Just read through the letter from (John goodman) to his daughter and it's just weird lol. Goes on about things his seen and no one believes him and "they may attack any day now"!! So strange
Can't wait for this anyway. Need more cloverfield in my life

Edit: also after seeing the message and you try to respond to the question "what he got her for her 13th birthday" it just submits the answer so I'm not sure if that's going to a database or if you get it correct it goes to another page but I'm guessing no one has got that far yet. Maybe the clue is in the trailer but I put in "Eiffel Tower" and then "radio" but nothing yet

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon and luke98
Found the Reddit forum from that dinosaurdracular guy where he and other people are going nuts over this lol

You can see the string of people where they figured it all out but nothing on what Megan's secret 13th birthday present gift was and the things I've tried you an see others tried hours ago lol
I watched the trailer again and noticed a few small things so it tried them and nothing.
But I don't get the Eiffel Tower thing. I can't see any in the trailer.

This is so interesting lol cheers @luke98

Edit: I never noticed but there are pictures of the Eiffel Tower and also the puzzle they are putting together is of the Eiffel Tower and also the the drink they are drinking is a real drink and you can order them. Loads of people ordered 4 packs of this bottled drink and when they received them all of them had 2 or 3 pieces of the puzzle they are building in the trailer ( the Eiffel Tower). Love all the weird sh*t JJ does for secrecy and trying to guess stuff.

I won't go into it here but there are some great theories of the film ( just google it) and who John goodmans character could be ( and that he knew about the monster from the first film - a whistleblower ) I've always thought you see the monster drop at the end of the film from space but there are theories that it could of been a satellite (goes back to when the original came out). I still think that was the monster dropping from space personally

Last edited:
Reactions: luke98 and C.C. 95
If you really find this stuff fascinating- I recommend a documentary about a "real" ARG that took place a few years back- and messed with people's lives (for over a year!). It is a great trip. I wish I Was there and was part of it. It was a real life version of The Game.
It's called THE INSTITUTE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
If you really find this stuff fascinating- I recommend a documentary about a "real" ARG that took place a few years back- and messed with people's lives (for over a year!). It is a great trip. I wish I Was there and was part of it. It was a real life version of The Game.
It's called THE INSTITUTE.

The David fincher film the game?

If so I'll watch that later. It's one of my favourite films and the idea blows me away and all my life I've kinda wanted to do something like that. I'll check it out later mate

The David fincher film the game?

If so I'll watch that later. It's one of my favourite films and the idea blows me away and all my life I've kinda wanted to do something like that. I'll check it out later mate
Yep. I meant Fincher's film (which I love). There is a real version. (Or was)...
See the documentary. (It might even be on youtube...)

Yep. I meant Fincher's film (which I love). There is a real version. (Or was)...
See the documentary. (It might even be on youtube...)

Cool I'll check it out.

As for this film, after all this secrecy stuff this morning I'm so f*cking intrigued and excited for it. I've watched the trailer about 10 times today and the 3 performances look great. I'm so up for it now and it's out in like a month

Reactions: Flloydo and luke98
i give up, i have been playing the guessing game for an hour :LOL::rofl:
I tried for about an hour too... I even put on my Cloverfield blu-ray and skipped to 48:13 to see if there were any clues there. Think I'll just leave it to others to try and figure out though... I've wasted far too much time on it already lol.

Wish I hadn't clicked the link... been sat here for a good 30 mins trying to figure stuff out :bored: lol. Very cool idea though! I love how it gets everyone working together.
i give up, i have been playing the guessing game for an hour :LOL::rofl:
I tried for about an hour too... I even put on my Cloverfield blu-ray and skipped to 48:13 to see if there were any clues there. Think I'll just leave it to others to try and figure out though... I've wasted far too much time on it already lol.

Hahahaha brilliant. I forgot to tag you noodles but you found it anyway,

Are you guys talking about her 13th birthday present?
I gave up hours ago too but I'll keep a look out. Someone's bound to guess it or work it out.

I've tried so many but it was hours ago.

I thought about getting the film out and having a look noodles but I have a feeling the only connection will be that company that messed up and to do with the chemical waste thing. I think goodmans character will be to do with that but I'm really not sure. Had fun reading theories on it though

Reactions: luke98 and Noodles
@luke98
@Noodles

I forgot to mention, have you noticed the K on the beads?
Looks backwards and also found some interesting history with the Eiffel Tower (to do with science and space) but not sure if this has anything to do with it all considering there are a lot of pics and drawings and a puzzle in the trailer

Also in the letter the first paragraph ends with your spelt like yoru and I looked it up and it's some manga cat and there seems to be a Chinese cat in that pic as well as a tabby cat so that may be something but I tried, kitty, cat, manga, anime etc

Last edited:
Hahahaha brilliant. I forgot to tag you noodles but you found it anyway,

Are you guys talking about her 13th birthday present?
I gave up hours ago too but I'll keep a look out. Someone's bound to guess it or work it out.

I've tried so many but it was hours ago.

I thought about getting the film out and having a look noodles but I have a feeling the only connection will be that company that messed up and to do with the chemical waste thing. I think goodmans character will be to do with that but I'm really not sure. Had fun reading theories on it though
Yep, we're trying to figure out the birthday bit. I read through most of the stuff on Reddit, and anything I've thought of, someone thought about hours ago lol.

I've only seen Cloverfield once, which was back when it was first released and I wasn't really a fan, so I remember practically nothing from it. I'm hoping to give it a rewatch soon though, because for some reason I'm really excited for Cloverfield Lane!

Yeah, I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner or later. I'm not 100% convinced the clue to the answer is even out there yet though... I guess time will tell. ;)

Yep, we're trying to figure out the birthday bit. I read through most of the stuff on Reddit, and anything I've thought of, someone thought about hours ago lol.

I've only seen Cloverfield once, which was back when it was first released and I wasn't really a fan, so I remember practically nothing from it. I'm hoping to give it a rewatch soon though, because for some reason I'm really excited for Cloverfield Lane!

Yeah, I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner or later. I'm not 100% convinced the clue to the answer is even out there yet though... I guess time will tell. ;)

I skipped through bits of Reddit (was too much to read but I noticed everything I tried had been tried 10 hours before lol) even things I was seeing in the trailer.
Oh what is the VHS of they have in the trailer? I couldn't make it out.

Ahh man give it another go. I've seen it about 100 times and I love it. Perfect film for me IMO

You know what I even thought that at one point but I'm not sure. Also is Elizabeth Megan? Because I'm confused about him picking someone up from a car crash which Is supposedly her (but what's all this with his daughter - or is the letter to show he may be crazy OR know about it all- to get an idea on goodmans character) but like we have spoke about before. JJ and misdirection.
It's going to be the opposite of what we think and the same with her birthday present. I think the pics are to throw you off personally

I skipped through bits of Reddit (was too much to read but I noticed everything I tried had been tried 10 hours before lol) even things I was seeing in the trailer.
Oh what is the VHS of they have in the trailer? I couldn't make it out.

Ahh man give it another go. I've seen it about 100 times and I love it. Perfect film for me IMO

You know what I even thought that at one point but I'm not sure. Also is Elizabeth Megan? Because I'm confused about him picking someone up from a car crash which Is supposedly her (but what's all this with his daughter - or is the letter to show he may be crazy OR know about it all- to get an idea on goodmans character) but like we have spoke about before. JJ and misdirection.
It's going to be the opposite of what we think and the same with her birthday present. I think the pics are to throw you off personally
Not to be debbie downer, but if you look at the budget ($5 Million) -this cannot be anything like Cloverfield.
A budget like that can't afford a monster film like that.

• Informative