Ohio, USA
I saw this when I was a Best Buy today!
attachment.php

Attachments

• FastFiveSteelbook_BB.jpg
    FastFiveSteelbook_BB.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully this means FS will have it too since they own Best Buy or visa versa.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

sweet, someone help me decide if i should get this or the german one!

This one is less expensive for you but if you can afford it get both since they each have a unique look imo.

Is it just me or does that look like a Stickerbook?

Hard to tell for sure from that pic, bit it looks like the blue goes all the way to the spine. I don't see any silver sticking out...

Also, remember Future Shop had recently announced their own version with the same artwork as pictured here.

Saybinator made a comment just recently about the edition changing...

It was not apparent if it was the artwork or if it is the type of case...

original

original

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Movies/Fast-Five-Steelbook-Confirmed-Future-Shop-10-04-2011/td-p/306642

Reactions: hectorcurly69
BC-this is a Best Buy Exclusive. Usually other retailers don't get them, when that is noted, so the Walmart version may just be an Amaray. We shall see....

BC-this is a Best Buy Exclusive. Usually other retailers don't get them, when that is noted, so the Walmart version may just be an Amaray. We shall see....

I realize its a best buy exclusive. When I was looking for a link to add I could not find the steelbook on bestbuy.com (which was weird since I found the ad in store). I wasnt sure if the bestbuy.com link in my previous post was the steelbook or maybe the same "double feature" amaray thing that walmart has since it didnt specify on bestbuy.com.:D

EDIT: If you do a search for "Fast Five" on bestbuy.com maybe that will make it more clear what I am trying to say. Maybe I didnt explain it very well (thats not unheard of and actually quite common:p)

Last edited:
Hey BC-yeah, BB doesn't usually add the word "Steelbook" to their listings, but often adds BBY Exclusive, or Best Buy Exclusive, or "pre-sell" if it were to be an empty case, so they're a little tough to find sometimes. If I had to guess the more expensive one is the Steel, but I am sure we'll see more info in an upcoming ad, or online (they often add "Exclusive" case to listing as they get closer to the release date, or a special page will pop up in their "Exclusives" area under "Movies". Thanks again for posting the info you found in store! I hope it's G2! :scat:

This is hardly definitive, but I checked out the "pre-order" booklet you could get while picking up the Lion King case today at Best Buy. On the back of the booklet, they show all three versions of the movie (DVD, Blu-Ray, and Steelbook). Based on that picture, the Steelbook clearly looks bigger than the normal Blu-Ray version and the same size as the DVD. So I'm thinking this will be G1.

But again, nothing definitive.

Reactions: digitalbabe
I pre ordered Lion King and Pirates of the Carribean through Bestbuy.com. I went in today to cancel Lion King (
picked one up) under the order status for Pirates they had a picture of Fast Five instead.

I just check BestBuy.com. search for pre-sell-DVD. It brings them all up

Last edited: