attachment.php

Attachments

• FastFiveSteelbook_BB.jpg
    FastFiveSteelbook_BB.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited by a moderator:
these are official dimensions of the Steelbook

0.60 x 5.40 x 7.50

Not sure where you're getting your dimensions from, or what you are actually trying to state.

But from this picture, in the official Best Buy marketing piece, the steelbook case is clearly bigger than the the blu-ray sized amaray case.

By the way - we had confirmation from our steelbook sources that this is indeed a G1 steelbook.

(thanks to darczap for the picture below).

attachment.php

Not sure where you're getting your dimensions from, or what you are actually trying to state.

But from this picture, in the official Best Buy marketing piece, the steelbook case is clearly bigger than the the blu-ray sized amaray case.

By the way - we had confirmation from our steelbook sources that this is indeed a G1 steelbook.

(thanks to darczap for the picture below).

attachment.php

i don't know what sources you guys have but this information comes directly from someone i know in marketing at universal.

just thought i would give further confirmation on a G1

i don't know what sources you guys have but this information comes directly from someone i know in marketing at universal.

just thought i would give further confirmation on a G1

Thanks for the post, but most people don't know G1 vs G2 dimensions. It's a bit foggy when you just post the size. ;)

So it appears we are in agreement then - it's a G1. No further debate necessary. :D

Thanks for the post, but most people don't know G1 vs G2 dimensions. It's a bit foggy when you just post the size. ;)

So it appears we are in agreement then - it's a G1. No further debate necessary. :D

i guess i should have posted a comparison dimension :emb:

just curious i think i saw your avatar on another site you own a BT correct ?

Reactions: digitalbabe
I tell you what, I will get this confirmed AGAIN .. I'll be back with news. They could have changed the order to G2, who knows ... I wont argue over the matter, as I like many others would love to hear about them going from a G1 to a G2. Our forums are scoured by all the people who make these decisions on these steels, so when they hear the community saying they wont buy something (and the cry is loud enough) it can definitely be a determining factor.

ps. I also know all the marketing reps for Universal, including the vp.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Thanks Wreck! :scat: As we've all seen with some of these recent releases, information can change incredibly quickly-sometimes from one day to another. Hopefully we'll have more info soon:)

Ok, confirmed .. all G1. Though not extremely limited, they dont feel it will be sitting on shelves like Twilight. (so maybe a good pick up on rare'ness ... which any person should be able to figure that out depending on whether their store gets 20 in stock or something small like 3-5) And it has some type of nice finish to it, not debossed/embossed or anything but something nice. Im assuming its the raised paint effect we have seen on some of the alliance titles. It used where there is "bling" on the guys on the front ... I think one is wearing a necklace? (just havent checked back at the picture.)

So check it out in stores folks, they know we hate G1, and are pushing for more G2. (and they'll come) I'm going to check it out, if it looks really good (like Expendables G1 CA) then I may buy it.

Last edited:
Ok, confirmed .. all G1. Though not extremely limited, they dont feel it will be sitting on shelves like Twilight. (so maybe a good pick up on rare'ness ... which any person should be able to figure that out depending on whether their store gets 20 in stock or something small like 3-5) And it has some type of nice finish to it, not debossed/embossed or anything but something nice. Im assuming its the raised paint effect we have seen on some of the alliance titles. It used where there is "bling" on the guys on the front ... I think one is wearing a necklace? (just havent checked back at the picture.)

So check it out in stores folks, they know we hate G1, and are pushing for more G2. (and they'll come) I'm going to check it out, if it looks really good (like Expendables G1 CA) then I may buy it.

Why doesn't Scanavo just invest in a plant that can pump out G2 steels? Nobody buys DVD SteelBooks and is such a waste that they are giving us SteelBooks that are G1 size. If you know a Scanavo rep Wreck, I hope you can pass this along ;)

It's been passed along many times. I think it has more to do with Scanavo being the MARKETER of SteelBook(tm) brand and not the manufacturer ... (G&M is the owner of the steelbook brand, tho they recently just got bought out by a Mexican company. So who knows maybe g2 equipment may see its way to Mexico :p)

Scanavo from what I remember holds the patents for the plastic inside the case, as they also market many other plastic cases in the media industry. Every Criterion release is a Scanavo case. (the new Criterion releases that is.)

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

The real problem lies in that USA studios are not requesting steelbooks, much less G2. When the demand is there, I'd presume so would be the demand for G2 equipment in NA.

Those Mexican companies are buying a lot of companies here in the states. They bought out Color Wheel paints or Freeze paints, were ever you maybe in the states, Comex is a big company buying a lot of big name brands. Sorry for the off topic:)