1917 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 18, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order January 10 at 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £29.99

1917.jpg
12437995-5724735195364988.jpg

Last edited:
My copy from the restock arrived this morning in a big brown carton with the steelbook knocking around inside it. No bubble wrap or anything.

It was sent via hermes signed for tracking.

Strange for an international order. I thought Hermes was only used for UK orders?
Zavvi often use tracked shipping when dispatched from the Hut Warrington warehouse

They used hermes and other couriers before on some of my orders for box sets
Hermes do international shipping but when arrives at destination usually processed by a different courier

Was it fastway that delivered your parcel or DPD or An Post

Zavvi often use tracked shipping when dispatched from the Hut Warrington warehouse

They used hermes and other couriers before on some of my orders for box sets
Hermes do international shipping but when arrives at destination usually processed by a different courier

Was it fastway that delivered your parcel or DPD or An Post
It was delivered by An Post.

Reactions: paulboland
Still haven’t had mine dispatched

I used to work in the Warrington warehouse and the steels would be lobbed in random shelves with other items. Could’ve been a pack of makeup to a set of dumbbells lol.

And then when it came to packing no training or instructions where provided with regards to padding fragile items or collectibles.

it would just be agency workers with supervisors on their backs about hourly pick rates going at full pelt packing orders.

I used to cringe watching people literally throw steels about lol

glad to hear it wasn’t damaged though

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Zavvi clearly don’t have this incoming. Cancelled and ordered from Fnac - £30 delivered to the UK. Arrived within one day as well.

Take that scalpers... :)

Same here, got dispatch note last night at 02:25 and at 10:00 this morning it was here in Germany. Stunning release and the FNAC J-card makes it even cooler :naughty:

Reactions: Headhunter
happy days. :) looks like a lot of Ninjas are still awaiting delivery - my order was a preorder that i've only just been able to open - so i hope they all turn up soon if you're still waiting. :watch: :thumbs: post is decidedly variable at the moment.

this is a great steelbook, in that it reminds me of how releases used to be as standard - full gloss, embossing, good artwork. and the 4K transfer is a good one, too. so thumbs up from me all around. :thumbs: if this gets a premium release using this steelbook, that would be a great edition!

for those with an interest, here's the j-card details:
they used easy-peel gel glue for the j-card, so no worries about glue damage. as for the main artwork, sure, it loses something by having only the numerical title on both sides, but the flipside is that this concentrates your eye on the images within, especially with the black gloss surround :Snap::
the title embossing really pops with the gloss :woot::
finally, the interior artwork is fine, if not spectacular, and uses the right sort of image (i get irrationally annoyed when the main image is behind the disc). shame the discs have identical artwork:
this is a great standard release steel of a superb film. recommended. :thumbs: