2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #5) [UK]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - eBay
Price: £29.99 (WB shop - Zavvi - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

C4CFA345-E291-4516-98B1-4A2D406FB246.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the UK so may change my order to HMV as well...
If you want a slightly reduced price WB is a better bet and the wraparound cardboard packaging is similar to HMV's:-

1593515828179.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1593516478784.png

Looks great . . . such a pleasant surprise to see artwork on the back when I was really expecting a small centrally placed logo as on BR, MM:FR and RPO.

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
Zavvi went live 9 hours ago
As these titans of cult releases are shared print run with multiple UK retailers zavvi would have been allocated at set amount

Still available to pre order from Amazon UK/WB Shop/HMV/eBay -Entertainment Store

Also available to pre order from France/Italy/Germany see threads for those countries
Thanks Paul, ordered via Amazon Italia. Was any code working on Zavvi? I read something

Only sold out on Zavvi, not the other places. I just ordered from WBshop and used the 'Welcome' code and snagged 10% off.
Is it the first time you've ordered from WB, for the welcome code to work? Once it's used I don't believe it can be used again now, unless you create and sign up with a different email address each time. Whereas until not so long ago you could just checkout as a guest and the 10% welcome code worked every time, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Reactions: djjez83
if they tried to play and emphasized on RED, seeing the inside art, now i think it'd be more appropriate to be the front since the existing front never looked that red in the film...
The confusion is that they've put this Dave:

2001-space-odyssey2_1600.jpg

into this tunnel:

2001-airlock.jpg

It's one of those art choices where I look at it and think, "???" I don't get it. If anything, I think the contrast between bright white on the front cover and bright red on the back cover could have been pretty cool. As it is, this steelbook seems like nonsense.

Reactions: Masta Norris
Is it the first time you've ordered from WB, for the welcome code to work? Once it's used I don't believe it can be used again now, unless you create and sign up with a different email address each time. Whereas until not so long ago you could just checkout as a guest and the 10% welcome code worked every time, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

It's the second time for me, as I got Mad Max through WB shop as well, however I forgot to use the 'Welcome' code for that one, so I'm not sure if I just got lucky that it recognised I hadn't used it yet.

Any ideas from past ToC releases if the blu-ray will be region-free? The previous 2001 steel from Zavvi was region 2, right?
It's a Warner release, so the Blu-ray will be region-free for sure; just like all previous Blu-ray releases.