2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #5) [UK]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - eBay
Price: £29.99 (WB shop - Zavvi - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

C4CFA345-E291-4516-98B1-4A2D406FB246.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still working on them to acknowledge they need to ship me a replacement as I still haven't received it. I don't know if I'm talking to multiple people in their messages, but no one seems to read all of the notes so they keep messaging me about my orders that are currently processing instead of giving me information about a replacement for this.

I'm getting really frustrated because I'm going to assume this is sold out and they're out of replacement copies at this point.

Sucks, I was really looking forward to this one once I found out about it.

Zavvi is still in the hot seat right now as I've been messaging them for almost 2 weeks now maybe?

Get in a chat with them.

Now Zavvi is telling me they're sold out and waiting for a replacement from the manufacturer/distributor.

I thought this was a super limited run, so I doubt I'm going to get this at this point. Sucks that it was lost in the mail.

Now Zavvi is telling me they're sold out and waiting for a replacement from the manufacturer/distributor.

I thought this was a super limited run, so I doubt I'm going to get this at this point. Sucks that it was lost in the mail.
I actually think the overall print run was rather large, it’s still available from most European retailers including amazon.co.uk
You should just ask them for refund and order elsewhere

Well that's good to hear at least, zavvi could come through.

I can't seem to find it on amazon.co.uk, is it the same 4k steelbook?

Can I even order something from Amazon.co.uk and get it shipped to me if I'm in the USA?

Yeah if I can find it elsewhere I'll just ask for a credit towards something else.

Well that's good to hear at least, zavvi could come through.

I can't seem to find it on amazon.co.uk, is it the same 4k steelbook?

Can I even order something from Amazon.co.uk and get it shipped to me if I'm in the USA?

Yeah if I can find it elsewhere I'll just ask for a credit towards something else.
Amazon UK and othe retailers links is in the thread OP first post of the thread

There's also apparently an allotment for the Cine Museum edition (shipping February 2027). Presumably without the patch and pin, but with other equally practical stuff. :)

For a moment, I was keen to get this release as I thought it's a beautiful glossy slipbox cover, then realised it's the usual TOC computer accessories plastic box. Still, the steelbook is a nice red gloss, but something struck me as very odd. Then I realised what it was. The entrance that Dave was about to pass through is oval shape. Where did TOC get this from? Isn't it a perfect octagon in the movie? That kills it for me.

Reactions: ethnosax
Correct, they've mixed up two scenes:

2001-space-odyssey2_1600.jpg

2001-airlock.jpg

Here's my concept for something that might have made more sense:

View attachment 493329
yeah it is a really bad mix up. and i hate it when there is no disc art for steelbook and premium editions. even the old blu-ray plain edition has disc art. was really wanting to get this but just couldn't condone it.