paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 3 Discs

11865338-2044608232858599-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this entire price discussion a bit tedious tbh. If anybody thinks the item is worth its price - fine, if not, just don't buy it. I love the movie and heard that the 4K quality was supposed to be really good, so I sold my French steelbook edition (identical to the UK one with the nice embossing that I bought for 11€ back in the day) for ~ 25€ on ebay and used that to pay part of the 32 UKP incl. shipping from amazon.co.uk. It was shipped yesterday and hopefully arrives in one piece and if it does, I'll be happy. If I don't like it enough I'll wait for the next one to come out or see if I can potentially double dip down the road. Why there has to erupt an almost existential discussion on purpose and value of this particular steelbook is beyond me....
But the price is ridiculous and the head in a washing machine artwork is shite

The North American steelbook release has some kind of shiny finish on it. It isn't a matte finish.
I'm not an expert on finishes so that's all I can say from looking at it through the shrinkwrap.

A couple of unprofessional photos of the Canadian steelbook still wrapped up including spine slashes under the shrinkwrap.
This is the best I can do as far as taking photos.

@goufcustom @Hereticz

Great photo's BTW :thumbs:

That 4K Ultra HD login on the spine needs a theme tune...

or alternatively...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ChrisIW and Stygian
Mine came yesterday from amazon at the £28 price so I am happy + I have to say this is the best old 4K film I have seen so far the picture is unbelievable, I am very happy with this release :thumbs:

Reactions: Lutzo
replaced the steelbook for the amaray. So glad I did. the amaray edition wipes the floor with this release
no 4k TV yet but still looking forward to seeing the remastered blu ray.
Would the steelbook fit inside the slip or is it a thinner amaray?