paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 3 Discs

11865338-2044608232858599-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a post in the US thread about a Warner Brothers press release announcing a delay in the release date.
Now scheduled for release on Nov. 20th. I don't know if that's verified for everywhere.

'Strewth . . . and I thought £29.99 was the absolute maximum reasonable price for a regular 4K steelbook and then this comes along for £35! . . . not even a "Wow" steelbook with little hint of 'bossing and that white title doesn't look so good on the front.
Anyway, awaiting live pics to see if that artwork is less zoomed in w/ de-bossing to the inside of the 'washing machine'.

Join the club:-
1540429540576.png
1540429866762.png
1540434848440.png
1540435068914.png
1540430086807.png

As for release date: estimated delivery still appears to be 30th October - 3rd November.

Last edited:
hope this won't effect UK release as i think the delay (would only) happen for US as someone in Australia already got the disc, he shows the UHD case, and photos from the film... can't wait...

Last edited:
hope this won't effect UK release as i think the delay (would only) happen for US as someone in Australia already got the disc, he shows the UHD case, and photos from the film... can't wait...

Maybe Warner Brothers got the release date wrong in their press release.

You guys are crazy to pay £35 for a release that may have nothing special about it other than it has a 4K disc. You don't even know what the finish is going to be like! I certainly can't justify paying it whatever it looks like in hand, but I hope for your sakes it's not just a flat matte steelbook.

The amaray release is a rip-off as well, even with the extras you get with it.

Dispatch from Zavvi

Just received my dispatch email from HMV.

Amazon account still showing as "arriving Monday", despite having received a cancellation email last week like many others on here (hence placing an order with HMV). Will be interesting to see whether I do still get one from Amazon as well...

Same here, just got my dispatch notice from HMV. What I like about HMV is they take the money right away so when I get a dispatch notice months later I know my bank account is not going to be emptied.

You guys are crazy to pay £35 for a release that may have nothing special about it other than it has a 4K disc. You don't even know what the finish is going to be like! I certainly can't justify paying it whatever it looks like in hand, but I hope for your sakes it's not just a flat matte steelbook.

The amaray release is a rip-off as well, even with the extras you get with it.
Blu-ray in steelbook is also the 4K remastered scan and extras on separate disc

It's also sold out with all retailers

And that justifies £35 for a catalogue title?
It's a brand new remaster on both 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs.

Amazon UK price is £28.99 for both the 4K/2D steelbook and 4K/2D Amaray with booklet and artcards

It's not a release that's repackaged with previous discs from 2008

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I just received an email from Best Buy in Canada saying that my order has been shipped as well.
So either that press release about a Nov. 20th release date is incorrect or perhaps maybe that's just for the U.S.

Last edited:
Worst nightmare became real :pain:....cheap flat matte finish :banghead::banghead:.....another wasted opportunity.....well at least one positive thing - lot of money saved :coffee:

Gonna pick up 4K amaray when I have 4K setup I guess.....or maybe by that time there will be a better 4K steel in other countries, or even better, some WEA premium that would be a dream :drool::cigar::coffee:

courtesy of DJJez from other forum:

2001.jpg

We need to see unsealed photos to see the finish
Steelbooks still shrink wrapped not a good way to tell what the finish is

Ouch...that £35 has really got to sting now :OMG:.

chris do have one question if a 4k steel is around £30 mark normally bear in mind the pound has devalued against euro dollar etc.
and council taxes have gone up 5% this year and aload of other things have gone up as well
how is this so expensive? i dont quite understand your thinking basically everything has gone up so have steels
the only thing for most is our pay has not
we all have the option to buy it or not in this case some of us choose to buy it.
its all a personal choice in the end, have i given up a fiver i shouldnt have? maybe but so what.
i wanted the film in a steel i just payed up it was that simple.

basil :thumbs:

chris do have one question if a 4k steel is around £30 mark normally bear in mind the pound has devalued against euro dollar etc.
and council taxes have gone up 5% this year and aload of other things have gone up as well
how is this so expensive? i dont quite understand your thinking basically everything has gone up so have steels
the only thing for most is our pay has not
we all have the option to buy it or not in this case some of us choose to buy it.
its all a personal choice in the end, have i given up a fiver i shouldnt have? maybe but so what.
i wanted the film in a steel i just payed up it was that simple.

basil :thumbs:

Well I guess if you're happy with £30 as a new standard price point then we have a very different idea of what represents value for money to start with. Then again maybe some of you guys are just terrible at maths - £35 is a bit more than a 5% increase to the £25 that was the standard 4K steelbook price not so long ago. You yourself said that pay hasn't gone up in relation to living expenses, so I find it strange that you don't consider this expensive for what it is and are fairly blasé about the increase. Maybe I'm just a lot poorer than you guys :cry:;).

I received my Warner Shop copy on Friday and to be honest, I'm very disappointed :( (n). It's a matte finish with a zero finish? :dunno: on the red area and the spaceship on the back. The J-Card is flimsy and secured by 3 large blobs of glue, which have left marks on the steel (n). "High Dynamic Range for Brighter, Deeper, more lifelike colours"; I wish the same could be said of the steelbook :(.

I nearly ordered the amaray edition instead of the steel and am now regretting my choice. At least I had a discount code :LOL:.

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2771.JPG

IMG_2772.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2768.JPG
    IMG_2768.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 118