paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 3 Discs

11865338-2044608232858599-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Features:

• Commentary by Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood, Channel Four Documentary; 2001: The Making of a Myth
  • 4 Insightful Featurettes; Standing on the shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001
  • Vision of a Future Passed: The Phophecy of 2001
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey - A Look Behind the Future
  • What Is Out There?
  • 2001: FX and Early Conceptual Artwork
  • Look: Stanley Kubrick! Audio-Only Bonus: 1966 Kubrick Interview Conducted by Jeremy Bernstein
  • Theatrical Trailer

I wonder if we'll see the usual "when did zavvi start charging for shipping" posts followed 10 minutes later by the "shipping removed" posts. Along with the "what's the discount code" post followed by the "not working for me", "worked for me", "code no longer working" posts. :LOL:

I wonder if we'll see the usual "when did zavvi start charging for shipping" posts followed 10 minutes later by the "shipping removed" posts. Along with the "what's the discount code" post followed by the "not working for me", "worked for me", "code no longer working" posts. :LOL:

Well I guess not. Not at that price!

Yep! Right here, right now! Code appeared to be working for me briefly, but with 99p postage. Once it amended the postage, it took away the code! Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough to place the order at £32.48 (10% discount + 99p postage). Oh, well. If not exclusive and comes up on Zoom at same price will cancel Zavvi and reorder from Zoom with 10% code.

The Steelbook looks nice but it is overpriced. For a catalogue title this should be no more than £24.99. I know the amaray is expensive aswell but that comes with with a booklet and art cards.

. . . and @35 nicker we go beyond - by a whole fiver - the acceptable price of a fully loaded steelbook and almost into premium pricing . . .

hal_9000_animated_fractal_by_jayaprime-d7j1yge.gif
213929_large.jpg
207627_large.jpg
1530393094693-png.381307

. . . and anyway prefer the look of the first UK steelbook from April 2015.
Pics courtesy Sinthetic over at BR.com:-
auvUBzM.jpg
bNExnxi.jpg
C6PzRgp.jpg
6UXVoSe.jpg
Y8WPzwr.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc