paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 29, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £28.99 (Amazon) - £34.99 (Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 3 Discs

11865338-2044608232858599-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about ugly, disproportionate print on the spine - don't know what to think when the consarned format is printed larger than the actual title
1536325522812.png

. . . and what's wrong w/ the 4K logo in a discreet box like here for example?
1536325883846.png

Maybe they changed it as they suddenly decided that it looks too similar to the "STUDIO CANAL" logo :rolleyes: ... but should we be thankful that they haven't decided to slap a big ass "4K" under the title defacing the front as on some of the 3D steelbooks?
1536340630799.png
1536340723520.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1536341300380.png
1536341377636.png
1536341924180.png
1536341733727.png
1536341463321.png
1536341618636.png
71zkUWt3T%2BL._SL1295_.jpg
man-of-steel-3d-steelbook-1-5-original.jpg
P1040134.JPG
5b29eca110e1daa6c02caad555ec0566.jpg

Last edited:
Why amazon link shows steelbook in pics, but it actually nowhere says it is stelbook? :/

Is that normal, I dont buy much from amazon. I hate something about their discriptions and them not actually showing item you are buying (when you buy something used) etc.

Why amazon link shows steelbook in pics, but it actually nowhere says it is stelbook? :/

Is that normal, I dont buy much from amazon. I hate something about their discriptions and them not actually showing item you are buying (when you buy something used) etc.
Amazon UK listing is a steelbook and it's 3 Discs
4K UHD
Blu-ray
Blu-ray bonus disc

UK only getting the 4K remastered scan release for now as listed below
Both are 3 Disc editions

1)4K UHD Steelbook
2)4K Amaray Digipack with booklet and Artcards

A standard 2 Disc Blu-ray may happen next year in UK without 4K

Can you see Steelbooks going up in price because of physical media dying out I mean movies are being released earlier on Digital media. I mean can you justify paying £30 for one movie when you can get that one movie on digital media for like 5 pound or even £10 less than the physical copy. Plus you have the benefit of watching movie two or even three weeks earlier than physical media I mean I like physical media but. The reason why I stopped collecting steelbooks was because a lot of them turned up damaged scratched or even just having crap artwork I just think studios Are turning lazy when it comes to steelbook artwork that we are relying on overseas companies to design steelbooks with the best artwork but having to pay a lot more for them and pay a lot more for shipping
Hard to say what will happen with the value of Steelbooks in the future. Looking at DVD Steelbooks they are worth next to nothing now so it may go like that. The fact that physical media is struggling though may mean that they become more collectible. There probably won’t be another format so I’m sure there will be plenty of collectors who don’t want to go fully digital and love having actual discs in their hands. I’m not sure the prices will go up but I’m sure there will still be collectors out there even in physical media does start to die out.

Amazon.co.uk doesnt state it`s a 4K anymore?
Amazon listing hasn't changed it's still a 4K UHD release

Look at listing on Amazon website under
Product details
Format 4K

UK both steelbook and special edition is a 4K UHD release
Both are 3 Discs

4K UHD/Blu-ray/Blu-ray Bonus disc

Last edited:
Do we know If this will be glossy or matte? Im gonna preorder from amz, but this better be in full gloss otherwise cancel.....really dig this artwork though :hungry::hungry:

Do we know If this will be glossy or matte? Im gonna preorder from amz, but this better be in full gloss otherwise cancel.....really dig this artwork though :hungry::hungry:
Steelbook finish won't be known until someone has got delivery of the UK release

Same steelbook is getting released in USA and UK/Europe/Asia
North America USA/Canada and Mexico often can have different finish to UK/Europe/Asia as they are made at different Scanavo plant to Europe/Asia

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Steelbook finish won't be known until someone has got delivery of the UK release

North America USA/Canada and Mexico often can have different finish to UK/Europe/Asia as they are made at different Scanavo plant to Europe/Asia
We're assuming this is still on for Best Buy US. There's no listing on the website yet, and it's getting pretty close to the release date...

Out of curiosity do you know where the Scanavo plant is for USA/Canada?