2001: A Space Odyssey (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Warner Wave 2 [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
As discussed in the Warner wave 1/2 thread, this is now up for pre-order as part of Warner Wave 2

2001: A Space Odyssey - http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004JTGX86/?tag=hidefnin0b-20

Art per Amazon.ca

4149Fjlv6gL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i have never seen this movie sorry for my ignorance is it good?

Thats a tough one, people either seem to love it or hate it. I think it is great but it is a slow paced film that requires repeat viewings to fully appreciate IMO. The visuals are simply stunning as is expected for a Stanley Kubrick film! I would definatly give it a try.

I tried to watch it few times and I felt asleep so I don't know whether I love it or hate it.

For me it gets much easier to like when you realize how old the film is. Its kind of boring, but in a good way.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Another movie that this reminds of is Sunshine.

I love this film as its something you can watch parts of at different times or sit down for a complete viewing. The PQ is off the charts. Kubrik was clearly at the top of his game when he shot this film and it really shows on Blu-ray as the studio did a masterful jo with the transfer.

I already have the amaray but pre-ordered the Steel without a second thought. :D

I think the Steel's cover art is perfect and I can't wait to see what the back cover and interior art will be. And I haven't watched it since I added a 5.1 surround system to my setup so I can't wait to see it again!

:movie: