52 KB · Views: 318
  • 91QWtuvBAiL._SL500_.jpg
    91QWtuvBAiL._SL500_.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 303
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited by a moderator:
That is true but its for me a blindbuy. I further I must buy the disc seperately, because the UK disc have no german audio.

Shouldn't have spoke so soon.

Zavvi accidentally sent me '28 Weeks Later' instead of this film. Now it's sold out, guess I won't be getting this one then. :mad::angry:

I know it's intentional because of the way it was filmed, but if you already have this on DVD it's really not worth the upgrade to bluray unless you just wanted it for the Steelbook.
I think it actually looked better when I watched this (upscaled) on DVD.

I'm coming up on 4 years on this forum. It's helped me find lots of Steelbooks. I thought I would add pics of one Steelbook each day to that particular Steelbooks corresponding thread. I thought it might be good for bumping the old titles for new collectors and appreciating/discussing them all over again!

Here is the first....

(As I have my collection alphabetised on my PC, titles with numbers come first!)

28 Days Later UK Embossed Steelbook Front.JPG

28 Days Later UK Embossed Steelbook Back.JPG

28 Days Later UK Embossed Steelbook Inside.JPG

I watched this film tonight on Blu-ray. I remember it looking poor when I first watched it, despite being a good film… shocking image quality.

I thought it was just a bad transfer on the Blu-ray, so rented the ‘HD’ version on Amazon… also totally shocking.

Geez, did they really make the artistic decision to shoot this film on a Nokia, or something? The final scene is pristine clean, obviously actual HD, so it must have been an aesthetic choice, right?

I watched this film tonight on Blu-ray. I remember it looking poor when I first watched it, despite being a good film… shocking image quality.

I thought it was just a bad transfer on the Blu-ray, so rented the ‘HD’ version on Amazon… also totally shocking.

Geez, did they really make the artistic decision to shoot this film on a Nokia, or something? The final scene is pristine clean, obviously actual HD, so it must have been an aesthetic choice, right?
Early days of digital cameras, very experimental - I seem to remember them leaning into the advantages of ease of use (quick setup etc.) for the beginning scenes in a deserted London.

• Thanks
Reactions: levi