Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Hi folks,

Many of you might be aware of the name Ed Evans or fasteddie or 1quickgt from YouTube or over at the BD trading forums.

That user has made an appearance here under the name of "93Cobra". We found a match to his user ID based on IP address information as well as some suspicions from users that have dealt with him in the past.

This trader's location is Dundalk, MD, USA.

As a result he has been banned from this forum given his past behavior of defrauding people of many hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

Here are a couple YouTube videos of people that have been scammed. A quick google search will get you more info if you need it.

If you have received any payments from this member, without sending his items out, please let me or another trading moderator know.

If you are awaiting items from this member, please let us know.

As always, we do the best we can around here to look out for all kinds of traders from all kinds of different places.

However, I have noticed that some of the issues we've run across lately could have been avoided and I would like to take this chance to remind any traders of three simple rules that you should remember.

1) Do not pay via paypal gift or amazon gift card if you do not know the trader or if you are dealing with a large transaction.

2) Keep track of your sales / trades in the pending & active sections. These allow us to further investigate and keep track of suspicious behavior.

3) If more than a week goes by with no response from your trading partner on a shipping date, approach a moderator for further help and advice. You'll note that the guy in the first video waited about three weeks even before asking for a tracking number.

Thank you and good luck in all of your future transactions here on Hidefninja.com

Last edited:
That sneaky sob! I cant believe he is still at it. I sadly have a few friends from other sites and youtube friends that were ripped off by him! I almost was as well!

Thanks for posting mods!

Fast Eddie "The Hustler"

I remember the fallout from the Youtube Community when this happen over there. Interesting enough, the name "Fast Eddie" comes from the movie "The Hustler". Paul Newman, played "Fast Eddie" a shark character "Who Hustled People". Sometimes a name can tell us more than we realize.

51B0VPXGYjL_SL500_AA300__zps8a3025d1.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed another low life scum bag removed from the site , what is it with people today ...

someone should set a sting operation into effect ... payback !!

wasnt he that Guy with the Dexter Avatar ??

seemed like a reall nice Guy ??

well done on the Detective work , for all involved :scat:

That's the thing...the really good scammers seem like the nicest people ever until they get what they want from you.

Ironically I did a trade with fasteddie waaaay before this stuff started emerging and it was a very pleasant experience. EEK!

Such a travesty.. How does he sleep at night? Those vids would put a stone to shame!

I want to say thanks to the mods who keep the bad apples out, good work guys.

i just finished a sale with him. luckily, everything went smoothly and he was very pleasant to work with. THANKS to apsmith21, because i would have probably done another sale him without thinking about it.

there were a couple of fishy details though. not a big deal...just little warning signs.
1) he only provided the name 'cobra' for his mailing address
2) he paid with an amazon gift card instead of using paypal

THANKS again!

Reactions: apsmith21
I live about 25 mins away from him. Any way I can do/help to get this criminal arrested???

anyone that has run into issues is free to PM me on here and I will be glad to certainly assist on how they can file a case in small claims court or log a case with the IC3 for fraud reporting.

beyond that, we do understand other member's willingness to help members here and other folks that have taken advantage of previously....but hidefninja.com does not condone taking any action against this person that could endanger yourself or others.

thank you.

He is still active as of yesterday. I completed a sale with him yesterday and he paid no problem. But after reading this thread, I was able to return his payment before I had shipped. I'm sure this deal would have been fine. But it erks me that he has taken advantage of honest people. And next time I might have been an easy touch for him, being the really nice trusting guy I am!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.