Avatar Blu-ray SteelBook - UK Import
Release Date: April 26th, 2010
Buy Links:
Play.com
Zavvi.com

Link: Play.com
13858078.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if there will be a US steelbook? this would definitely be something id buy but if theres a US one i can get in stores id prefer that.

if not, how would this difer from a US blu ray release?

Canada has already denied the possibility of a steel for avatar for at least this go'round. Perhaps maybe later this year for the 3d release.

anyone know if there will be a US steelbook? this would definitely be something id buy but if theres a US one i can get in stores id prefer that.

if not, how would this difer from a US blu ray release?

it wont play unless you have a region free player,ps3 is not region free

The Steelbook version of the Avatar Blu Ray has actually been removed from Play.com, hopefully it will reappear closer to the release date of the DVD/Blu Ray for Avatar.
I personally thought it looked really sweet and I was going to pre-order it as soon as pre-orders started.

The Steelbook version of the Avatar Blu Ray has actually been removed from Play.com, hopefully it will reappear closer to the release date of the DVD/Blu Ray for Avatar.
I personally thought it looked really sweet and I was going to pre-order it as soon as pre-orders started.
I have learned, it was removed because Fox has not finalized it and they didnt want the images posted until they have a final product(which sounds like there will be changes or something was quite approved)

I hope this doesnt jeopardize the release:ohno: but it should be back

I have learned, it was removed because Fox has not finalized it and they didnt want the images posted until they have a final product(which sounds like there will be changes or something was quite approved)

I hope this doesnt jeopardize the release:ohno: but it should be back

That's good to know, it should be back very soon I'm guessing, I can't wait to get it in my hands.

I wonder why Fox didn't allow FS to release a steelbook but is allowing play.com. Anyway I wonder what the new artwork will look like, I kind of like the artwork from the Amazon.de Blu-ray placeholder.