Metropolis (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
UPDATE: now on Amazon UK

NOTE: The FREE T-shirt offer was from Eureka directly & has now expired (September 2), per their website.

Original offer:

Pre-order by September 2nd and get a free t-shirt.

Shirt offer may have ex

Specs from the website.
Now's your chance to own a piece of limited edition cinema history. On 22nd November our editions of the restored and reconstructed Metropolis will be released on DVD and Blu-ray.

With its dizzying depiction of a futuristic cityscape and alluring female robot, Metropolis is among the most famous of all German films and the mother of sci-fi cinema (an influence on Blade Runner and Star Wars, among countless other films). Directed by the legendary Fritz Lang (M, Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse,The Big Heat, etc.), its jaw-dropping production values, iconic imagery, and modernist grandeur – it was described by Luis Buñuel as "a captivating symphony of movement" – remain as powerful as ever.

Along side the standard DVD and Blu-ray editions we will be releasing a limited edition dual format Steelbook. Over the next 48 hours we are giving away a FREE Metropolis T-shirt with every pre-order for this very limited dual format release. T-Shirts will be shipped within 14 days and you will be guaranteed early delivery of the steelbook. The set comes with 3 discs, 1 x Blu-ray and 2 x DVD, special features are listed below.

This offer is strictly on a first come first served basis. Artwork for illustrative purposes only.

Metropolis Steelbook Special Features:
• 150-minute reconstructed and restored 2010 version (including 25 minutes of footage previously thought lost to the world)
• Separate DVD and BD editions with wraparound embossed sleeve, or Ltd Ed Steelbook Dual Format edition
• Pristine new HD transfer (1080p on Blu-ray)
• New 2010 symphony orchestra studio recording of the original 1927 Gottfried Huppertz score in 5.1
• Newly translated optional English subtitles as well as the original German intertitles
• Full-length audio commentary by David Kalat and Jonathan Rosenbaum
• Die Reise nach Metropolis (2010, 53 minutes), a documentary about the film
• 2010 re-release trailer
• 56-page booklet featuring archival interviews with Fritz Lang, a 1927 review by Luis Buñuel, articles by Jonathan Rosenbaum and Karen Naundorf, and restoration notes by Martin Koerber.
And more!

METROP_STEELBOOK_packshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rand
Kevin-from what others have said (and was the case for me), shipping is included when you check out via Paypal, so you may not need to so you can order on your own. Enjoy! DB

That sucks, but thanks for the heads up.

But the steelbook is great! That was the main reason I bought this one.
But I don't understand why this one has 2 disc and the US one only has 1 disc. Somehow I kinda feel cheated why couldn't we have the special stuff that the UK one has?

The Hut has the dual format blu ray steelbook, with the green sticker for 17.85 with free shipping everywhere. I have ordered from them twice with no problems.

Reactions: fariz