2012 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

freedom88

Premium Supporter
Aug 13, 2010
Oakville, Ontario Canada
Is this the same as Australia and Taiwan?
81eg9seqjiL._AA1430_.jpg

Actual pics: (Tx n3wk1d)
01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom-I don't remember 100%, but I am pretty sure it's the same as the Chinese cover. There were generally 2 covers of this-this one and the black one, and I think they were all similar. You can sort the threads by name, to see all with "2012" to see the covers. Good luck!:)

I think the French was the same, but it may or may not have had a BD banner printed on it. On the Amazon.fr site it looks like it had one, but I don't have it, so I don't know if it was just a paper insert. You can also sort the forum by "Thread Name" to see Steelbooks for the same movie (by title). Hope that helps!:)

Had to do a little digging to find this one. Anyone have any info on it? Please PM me

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Ie print run and value and such. Thanks!

(JP) low quantity Vs (TW) flipping awesome slip, I'd take the slip over any scarce low quantity steelbook especially if it was released elsewhere but that's just me.

looks very Ordinary ~ for $350.oo big Sweats !!

where as just mentioned , the TW Slip , looks :drool: for heaps less $$$ M. !

any how, its up to you :)

we are all different I hope :thumbs:

Actually, just look at the French Steel book pics with a really small Silver Slip on the Bottom & thats it :)

Last edited:
Sure it's low in print quantity. I sold one back to Japan for sgd220 a year back.
With one damaged Steelbook still with me. I'll take some picture later.

Last edited:
This is the mother of all 2012-the-movie steels, IMO. Look at the slip, it intentionally looks like concrete that is cracking up/open...maybe it is just me, but the finish looks glossier than the TW or FR ones, held in my hand.

Focus on this release buddy, not TW or FR.
BTW, the FR slip also have the same effect like the JP slip.. (cracking concrete) :hilarious::hilarious: