8th Annual SteelBook of the Year 2018 - Nominate Best Standalone SteelBook (artwork, finish, embossing/debossing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
best-standalon-sb.png

Sponsored by the HDN Shop
Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

shop logo.png

Nominate in all 2018 categories!

Best Boxset
Best Full Slip
Best Lenticular
Best Overall SteelBook Package (extras included such as discs, booklets, cards etc)
Best Retailer
Hey Ninjas!

Some great SteelBooks were released in 2018. As it's customary, it's time to share your favorites in the SteelBook collectibles category for 2018, in our 8th annual member nominate your Best Standalone SteelBook (artwork, finish, embossing/debossing).

After the nomination period ends around mid January 2019, the individual voting poll threads for each category will be opened after we tally the nominations by category, and you will be able to vote until end of January, 2019. The winners will be announced early February.

Any Steelbooks that were completely released, shipped and in the hand of customers by December 31, 2018 are eligible.

Please nominate your 3 favorite picks in each category and respond with your selections in your reply in this thread.

Feel free to use pictures, to share with fellow Ninjas why you've made that choice.

Voting closes end of January, 2019.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Thor: Ragnarok (BluFans WEA) - has all the fixings with gorgeous color on top

Prometheus (FilmArena WEA) - has all the fixings with perfect metallic effects on top

Star Trek: Discovery Season One (WWA) - has all the fixings with my favourite surprise title treatment featuring a beautiful metallic silver and gold finish and incredibly thin and detailed debossed lines/shapes, showing WEA makers that use "large embossing brushstrokes" what's possible!

(And by all the fixings I mean gloss finish, metallic effects, embossed/debossed, title on the cover, clear art, everything good, and in the case of Star Trek a flip tray instead of stacked discs!)

Hocus Pocus (Best Buy). It has a great use of embossing, spot glossing, metallic effects, and creative artwork. Plus it was only $13.

I’ll edit the rest in later :)

Thor Ragnarok - Blufans
Spiderman Homecoming - Filmarena
Justice League - HDzeta

Last edited:
Pans Labyrinth The On Series

Avengers Infinity War WWA

Ready Player One Manta Lab

• Thanks
Reactions: keeyoung02
Agree with everyone who's mentioned Thor Ragnarok (Blufans), Blade Runner 2049 (Film Arena) and Spider-Man Homecoming (Film Arena) but honourable mentions from me to Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blufans) and Pulp Fiction (Nova Media) as well

I actually have a hard time remembering what actually came out in a given year tbh :p

The Incredibles – Best Buy 4K (stylish, glossy, debossed, and bold, vivid artwork that suits the movie perfectly)
Pan's Labyrinth – Kimchi (it has just about everything a steelbook can have)
A Quiet Place – Best Buy US (terrible preview pics that led to a beautiful steelbook—nice surprise!)

I absolutely love Homecoming FAC steelbook, don’t get me wrong, but I think it will be against the rules for it to win two years in a row? :p

Reactions: jimmyv
Thor Ragnarock Blufans

Deadpool 2 FAC

The great mouse detective Zavvi

Last edited:
Reactions: davhyl
Thor: Ragnarok - Blufans
Evil Dead 2 - UK/FR/D
Blade Runner 2049 - Filmarena

Actually The Handmaiden steelbook deserves this spot more than FA´s BR 2049 so I´m replacing it. First and second spots stands solid!

1. Thor: Ragnarok - Blufans
2. Evil Dead 2 - UK/FR/D
3. The Handmaiden - Korea

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
  • FAC Blade Runner 2049 Blufans Beauty & the Beast
  • Blufans Coco
  • Blufans Thor Ragnarok

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: steelbookz4eva
1. Thor Ragnarok (blufans) The colours and the finish are just amazing
2. Prometheus (FAC) great embossing, great artwork and the finish goes nicley with the blue colours
3. A Quiet Place (Best Buy) love the scratches and the glossy finish wich goes perfect with the red

Status
Not open for further replies.