Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Hey Ninjas!

We're keeping it simple this year by putting up one thread for the nominations.

There are some great retailers that brought us some great releases in 2019. It's time to share your favorites, in our 9th Annual SteelBook of the Year for 2019.

After the nomination period ends around mid January 2020, the voting polls will be opened, and you will be able to vote until end of January, 2020. The winners will be announced afterwards.

Any Steelbooks that were completely released, shipped and in the hands of customers by December 31, 2019 are eligible.

Please nominate your favorite picks in your reply to this thread. @Wreck will go through them and pick who will make it to the voting polls.

Feel free to use pictures, to share with fellow Ninjas why you've made that choice.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

I think for me these are up there.
1. Weet’s Black Panther
2. Manta lab Seven
3. Manta’s A Star Is Born
I personally really liked the Venom art work, my HMV and Blufans. But these are best quality imo.

I
1576097347946.jpeg
1576097390439.jpeg
1576097419315.jpeg

Manta - Inglourious Basterds
Manta - Deadpool 2
TheOn - Nice Guys
HDzeta - The Dark Knight
Blufans - Venom
TheBlu - Sicario: Day of the Soldado
Novamedia - John Wick 3

John Wick 3 - France
Shawshank Redemption - Germany
Rampage - Japan

I hope ninjas don´t mind Im using their photos :angel:

12-jpg.411426

5161c214-72eb-4f4c-bf77-ba82ffbafeb5-jpeg.413799

:angel:

E78yhCB.jpg

1. Into the Spider-Verse (Blufans)
2. Alien (Filmarena)
3. Wizard of Oz (Zavvi version, debossed)
4. Alice in Wonderland (Mondo/Zavvi)
5. Moana (Best Buy)

Automatically included in the poll will be my picks of the year. fyi. a lot of years past we've noticed it kind of a difficult task to remember all the great releases. However this year I have been privately making list of a monthly pick of what had the most steam around here those months (of release) so this thread here will serve as help in case any have went under my radar.

So we are only picking steelbooks? No slips or full packages etc. There’s been some better slips than steels in some cases this year.

In no particular order:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - WeET
Black Panther - WeET
Black Panther - Blufans
Venom - Blufans
Venom - Filmarena
Spider-Man: Far From Home - Filmarena
Alien - Filmarena
Deadpool 2 - Filmarena
Alita: Battle Angel - Filmarena
First Man - Manta Lab

Last edited:
So we are only picking steelbooks? No slips or full packages etc. There’s been some better slips than steels in some cases this year.

I think we will get to that ... but likely just Best Box set , and perhaps just lump DL, SL, and FS together ... so its the best of one of those as sometimes some categories suffer. I'd like it more concentrated and less stuffy this year. But my mind can be changed on that if people feel compelled to drop like a top 10 SL and top 10 FS then perhaps might be able to pull that together then.

Status
Not open for further replies.