A Clockwork Orange - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 4, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 28, at 12 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99

0.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered both this and the TOC, this looks far better imo, and not keen on the TOC plastic boxes. But would like to see the steel finishes before I decide which to cancel. :thumbs:

Does anyone know if this is getting a regular 4k release? Getting really tired of these big tacky boxes with a load of tat for ridiculous prices when you can grab nice 4k slip releases in 2 for £30 or even 3 for £30 deals regularly.

Zavvi had all the pixar stuff exclusive recentely and I had to order the 2003 hulk in their steel because it was only them that had it UK side. Scary when such a useless company is getting the sole rights.
A Clockwork Orange Ultimate Collector's Edition [4K Ultra HD] [1971] [Blu-ray]
A Clockwork Orange [4K Ultra HD] [1971] [Blu-ray]

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
I'll have to keep my eye on this and hope there's a re-stock at some point.
I much prefer this over the TOC release, not keen on the plastic cases :wow:

Reactions: Masta Norris
Add it to your wishlist on your Zavvi acc and you should get an email when/if it's restocked
Forgot all about doing that in the past :LOL:
I have a feeling it will be one of those that loads will end up on eBay at double the price

Also available at amazon.co.uk (£35.00):
Amazon product

Better reserving it now that missing it later (and it may be cancelled before release in case of catching a copy through zavvi) :)

EDIT: Sorry, as remarked by davhyl this is amaray, NOT steelbook. I missed this information.

Last edited:
Grabbed this one but since it's A Clockwork Orange, debating how to sneak the TOC one past my other half (she sorta accepts Bluray > 4K upgrades, but buying the same film twice seems to be something that really pisses her off - pointing out that she only has one pair of feet when she bought another pair of trainers for the collection didn't win me any brownie points...) :D.

I want that pin badge.

People have seen what they can get for the "True Romance" Deluxe SteelBook edition so probably even more people are going to try with "A Clockwork Orange" and probably ordered even more copies.

Personally I didn't think this would be as popular since it's a WWA SteelBook and not an "Arrow" release.

"True Romance" isn't available in 4K in North America yet so I can understand the frenzy.

But you look at Top Gun, The Sting and Animal House 4K slip edition with WWA SteelBooks...not so much.

People have seen what they can get for the "True Romance" Deluxe SteelBook edition so probably even more people are going to try with "A Clockwork Orange" and probably ordered even more copies.

Personally I didn't think this would be as popular since it's a WWA SteelBook and not an "Arrow" release.

"True Romance" isn't available in 4K in North America yet so I can understand the frenzy.

But you look at Top Gun, The Sting and Animal House 4K slip edition with WWA SteelBooks...not so much.
I managed to get a true romance one for 56 pounds, abit higher than the 39.99 cost but not too bad considering. It seems now ebay is abit flooded with the true romance collectors set so the prices have come down for now.

Reactions: Stygian