Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 25th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £12.99

11257258-1274374455901510.jpg

11257258-2134374455919087.jpg
11257258-1354374455938494.jpg

Last edited:
At first look I didn't like the cover. I was expecting the stars to feature on the front.

But it's now growing on me. It's a bit unusual. Plus it's an awesome movie so I'm still getting it regardless.

That is the worst thing I have ever seen.
And using those quotes is laughable.
Yikes.
incredulous.gif

(Looks like the Zavvi steelbooks of American Hustle and Last Action Hero had a baby)

Laughable but it's probably the only thing that most people remember about the movie. That would be like having "Show me the money!!!" on a Jerry Maguire steelbook
That would be awful! Yes - I would love a Jerry Maguire steelbook. No - Do not put a "show me the money" quote on it!
How about putting the entire President Whitmore speech from Independence Day on the back of that steelbook? Right.

Looks like American Hustle with the flag.
Quite so, but personally leaning more towards THE PURGE: ANARCHY.

Anyway, very decent artwork for a very decent film in addition to another very decent starting price :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
Love this framing border with the artwork contained within it (in the style of "Unforgiven" and others) :thumbs:
I would expect the title and stripes on the front to be embossed . . .
I would hope that the gavel and block on the back is embossed too . . .
This should be pretty nigh perfect and a real winner in the flesh and if this is limited to 2,000 I might make an exception and pay the pre-order price hopefully aided by a 10% code.

With powerhouse performances from an "A" list cast and drama in spades this courtroom drama is a worthy addition to others continuing the long tradition of this type going back to some of my favourite films of the past including "12 Angry Men" and "Witness for the Prosecution" (1957), "Anatomy of a Murder" (1959), "Inherit the Wind" (1960), "To Kill a Mockingbird" (1962) and more recent examples such as "Kramer vs Kramer" (1979), "The Verdict" (1982), "Jagged Edge" (1985), the great fun "My Cousin Vinny" (1992), "The Client" (1994), "A Time to Kill" and "Primal Fear" (1996), "Erin Brockovich" (2000) and "Fracture" (2007) . . .

- Excellent box office of $243M on a $38M budget with $5M going to Jack Nicholson who later remarked that "It was one of the few times when it was money well spent".
- 4 Oscar and 5 Golden Globe Nominations.
- Generally favourable critical reviews with CinemaScore (the U.S. market research firm) reporting that audiences gave the film a rare "A+" grade.
- In 2008 the film was voted the 5th Best Courtroom Drama by the American Film Institute and Nicholson's famous line "You can't handle the truth" voted the 29th Greatest American Film Quote of All Time, also by the AFI.

"SEMPER FI(DELIS) ALWAYS FAITHFUL / FIRST TO FIGHT"

. . . and, before I forget, "Slainte!" to Irish members here on this their St. Patrick's Day.

Last edited:
Help!
Can't find a discount code to work with this (STEELBOOK10 expired on the 1/3/16, PRE10 expired on the 7/3/16 and no go with either ZAVWEL10 or ZVC5).
Oh, well . . . never mind . . . no purchase for me.

ZAVWEL10 just worked for me. I unsuccesfully tried it with my last purchase but seems my shopping basket still remembered the discount code.
I added the Steel to the basket and followed the link in the price drop thread. The discount appeared without I entered the code. I believe it was saved from my last unsuccessful try