A Quiet Place (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Added to Calendar: 08-22-18

tridon

Editor-in-chief
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
No problem, bud. I haven't seen it yet. Was planning to but given the lack of time, #InfinityWar trumped everything else. :D
For perfectly obvious reasons. I'm seeing Infinity War tonight. :D

That said, as of right now, A Quiet Place is my favourite movie of the year.

Mar 24, 2013
Reactions
7,730 4 0
Almost embarrassed to post this . . . feeling so let down by Paramount who've given the UK some top class steelbooks in the past
This one, despite using the best of the poster images, is but a shadow of its US counterpart.

Alas, a zero steelbook in both meanings of the word.

Pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-

Insides:-

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,994 1 0
Great so the U.K. will most likely be the same. Not happy

Think I’ll cancel the U.K. version and wait until it’s well below £30. Well below

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,994 1 0
I knew this would happen, it doesn’t look great. It’s not even a decent finish.
I’ve asked HMV to confirm but I doubt they will be able to.

It’s not sold out yet so I’ll cancel mine and just wait on pics. Fuming about this one though. The US and Canadian finish makes it a lovely steel. Actually gutted if ours turns out matte but it also won’t surprise me. Especially after Logan

Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Reactions
1,198 4 0
Why wouldn't CM do a WEA for this, they'd sell!

Mar 12, 2018
Spain
Reactions
1,198 4 0
The US and Canadian finish makes it a lovely steel.
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's lovely because the red doesn't do much for me, but comparatively I do see what you're saying, there's nothing going for the "EU version" or judging by the Taiwan thread, maybe the "ROW version".

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Reactions
29,094 0 0
I’ve asked HMV to confirm but I doubt they will be able to.

It’s not sold out yet so I’ll cancel mine and just wait on pics. Fuming about this one though. The US and Canadian finish makes it a lovely steel. Actually gutted if ours turns out matte but it also won’t surprise me. Especially after Logan
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out exactly like this.:(

Flloydo

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
25,994 1 0
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's lovely because the red doesn't do much for me, but comparatively I do see what you're saying, there's nothing going for the "EU version" or judging by the Taiwan thread, maybe the "ROW version".
I think the gloss and debossed steel looks amazing. And it’s the finsh that made that happen because the poster used is actually quite boring. But they got clever and creative with the finish which made the whole thing pop.

Personally I’m hoping kimchi or PA pick this up and give us something better now.