A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, this is the 4th iteration of the story, but 3rd with music

There's actually a 5th version - a version that was made by David O. Selznick under a different title and made a few years before the '37 "original". The title escapes me and maybe I'm getting the director wrong but the 1937 film apparently was NOT the original version.

I haven't seen ANY of the films but I'm somehow intrigued by this film and want to see it badly so this release by Manta will be a good way to add it to my collection. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan or of her music but there's something about her I like. It'll be nice to see her without gaudy costumes or heavy makeup.

There's actually a 5th version - a version that was made by David O. Selznick under a different title and made a few years before the '37 "original". The title escapes me and maybe I'm getting the director wrong but the 1937 film apparently was NOT the original version.

I haven't seen ANY of the films but I'm somehow intrigued by this film and want to see it badly so this release by Manta will be a good way to add it to my collection. I'm not a Lady Gaga fan or of her music but there's something about her I like. It'll be nice to see her without gaudy costumes or heavy makeup.
Your knowledge doth exceed my own - I had no idea there was a 'version' prior to 37's.

I feel I need to watch this again before commuting to a premium steelbook but the fact it made me cry and keeps pulling me back, I think am going to have to get this. Even if I rarely ever watch it, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(watched me maybe twice, ever)

Your knowledge doth exceed my own - I had no idea there was a 'version' prior to 37's.

I feel I need to watch this again before commuting to a premium steelbook but the fact it made me cry and keeps pulling me back, I think am going to have to get this. Even if I rarely ever watch it, like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind(watched me maybe twice, ever)

I have a ton of premium steels I committed to but still haven't watched the contents of, including Amadeus. Sometimes you just have to go with the general consensus and it seems that A Star Is Born is one of those sleeper hits that everybody liked.

I have a ton of premium steels I committed to but still haven't watched the contents of, including Amadeus. Sometimes you just have to go with the general consensus and it seems that A Star Is Born is one of those sleeper hits that everybody liked.
it hit a nerve with me, personally. Take the celebrity out of it and
the fact I didnt have a partner hang themselves(thankfully, but they were damn close thanks to depression :( )
but everything else, beat for beat, hit nerves...hence I cried at the end, and I am not a lady who blub's at many movies(can count on one hand the amount that drew tears).
Am not so sure thats why everyone else connected, but there is something about the conflict of being in a relationship with another who lifts you up but never realises they are enough for you. Its that sense of a lack of confidence that affects so many in this day in age, in varying ways, maybe that what the masses clicked with.
That and the songs were decent if not typical.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
We certainly do! We also need to know what happened to their promised :brb: CNY event! They forgot all about it, it seems. :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Hello Everyone. This is John and I would like to apologize for the delay with the shipping for Deadpool 2 and Inglourious Basterds.

I've tried my best to ship out everything as fast as possible but it wasn't easy to process all orders quickly and Chinese New Year also added more problems with the packing and shipping. With the future releases, I've decided to have more packers to process the orders faster so I hope it helps with the current problems.

From the beginning, most of the releases were packed by myself and couple others and it seems that we are always having problem with the shipping. Also, working on the packing has affected the Customer Service as well because I've been too focused with the shipping out the products and not paying attention to the emails. All emails will be replied within next week and again I do apologize for those who experienced inconvenience.

Update will be coming soon and in short, there's Fantastic Beast and where to Find them Exclusive Steelbook Pre-order next Thursday (Product Info uploaded next) and we have few exclusive releases that are planned as below

[ME#14] Se7en
[ME#21] First Man
[ME#24] A Star is Born
[ME#25] Aquaman

They are all exclusive steelbook releases and pre-order will be held around March-April. More information will be updated with the next update post.

Again, many apologies to everyone who felt inconvenience due to the delay with the shipment and customer service.

Thank you!
John

#mantalab #update

Are all the premium labels using the same WEA? Kinda hard to go for a $70 steelbook when Best Buy has the same art for $30. Right now I'm debating whether or not to buy the U'Mania edition or wait for Manta Lab. Actually, I may skip this altogether since I purchased the regular Blu-ray that also had this same exact art.

Are all the premium labels using the same WEA? Kinda hard to go for a $70 steelbook when Best Buy has the same art for $30. Right now I'm debating whether or not to buy the U'Mania edition or wait for Manta Lab. Actually, I may skip this altogether since I purchased the regular Blu-ray that also had this same exact art.
No, only Manta will be doing a WEA. All other steels I know of are WWA, including those used by other premiums.

Umania is under $50 shipped and I assume the same for HDZeta perhaps. But yeah FA will be $70ish probably

Oscar hype has got me wanting to see this again, hope this is the first of the four to come next from Manta

You might change your mind after seeing the film. She's fantastic. I also happen to think she's gorgeous - in her own little way :)
I must admit... the hype is making me very curious. On paper The Greatest Showman didn't sound like something I'd enjoy... yet I ended up loving it! So I guess I should at least give this a shot at some point.