A Star is Born (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 25) [Hong Kong]

Level Of Interest

• Total voters
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 23, 2019
Purchase link: Full Slip 4K, Lenticular Slip A, Lenticular Slip B - Preorder on July 12th 8PM (HKT, UTC+8), Local Time HERE
Price: $48.99 (Full Slip 4K), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip A), $43.99 (Lenticular Slip B)

MANTA LAB EXCLUSIVE #025 <A STAR IS BORN> STEELBOOK (Extended Edition)
- Numbered, 1-800
(Due to large number of orders, shipping out can take up to 1 week from the release date)

- WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title. Steelbook
- Booklet (Full Size)
- Postcards (4ea)
- Character Cards (7ea)
- Envelope with Spot Gloss

- Tip-on with Product Specification

SteelBook:
A Star is Born_steelbook.jpg

One Click:
A Star is Born_one click_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_one click_front.jpg A Star is Born_one click_back.jpg

Full Slip 4K:
A Star is Born_full slip_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_full slip_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip A:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip A_front.jpg

Lenticular Slip B:
A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_beauty shot.jpg A Star is Born_lenticular slip B_front.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For the Aquaman 1 Click it was just under $30. For a single disk it was just under 11 (if you order them together it costs more to ship than making separate orders).

Finishes on slips

- Full Slip: Scratch Resistance Coating + Glossy + Embossing + Gold Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip-A: Matte + Glossy + Embossing + Gold Foil

- Lenticular Full Slip-B: Matte + Glossy + Embossing + Gold Foil

I’m surprised the standard full slip is fully glossy. Thought matte would work on the background and suit it more. Then cooper and Gaga in gloss

Finishes on slips will be updated on the website before pre order

Pretty sure they announced the finishes of the slips in the original Facebook post last Friday ;)

I’m surprised the standard full slip is fully glossy. Thought matte would work on the background and suit it more. Then cooper and Gaga in gloss

It's not is it? I read it exactly how you say it should be matte/scratch resistant for the background and then the characters in gloss. That tends to be Manta's go to combo for their full slips

Pretty sure they announced the finishes of the slips in the original Facebook post last Friday ;)

It's not is it? I read it exactly how you say it should be matte/scratch resistant for the background and then the characters in gloss. That tends to be Manta's go to combo for their full slips

Oh did they. Strange. Never see that.
Ahhh yeah the scratch coating stuff. Of course. Got that mixed up with the spine for some reason lol

will the embossing be on the lenticular

Usually means the title on the spine and top of the slip with the lentis but I imagine there will be some kind of embossing on the back

The lenti itself won’t have embossing. Only release I know to have tried that was Blufans finding dory double lenti

Usually means the title on the spine and top of the slip with the lentis but I imagine there will be some kind of embossing on the back

The lenti itself won’t have embossing. Only release I know to have tried that was Blufans finding dory double lenti
Wow I didnt know that something like this exists. Checked out a video in the Dory thread and think this looks awesome. Why is nobody doing that again? Would be killer IMO

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and DMD4k
Wonder what image they have inside the steelbook I’m hoping they haven’t used the same as the standard steelbook as it will be a bit of a waste

Wow I didnt know that something like this exists. Checked out a video in the Dory thread and think this looks awesome. Why is nobody doing that again? Would be killer IMO

It is strange that it's not seen more commonly among premium releases. I remember having a box standard Wreck it Ralph amaray release years ago which came with a lenticular slip and that had embossing on the title and then last year my 4K amaray release of Antman and the Wasp also had embossing on the title on the lenticular slip that that edition came with and yet like @Flloydo says the only premium release I know of that's ever done it is Blufans Finding Dory

I dont recall it effecting the quality of the lenticulars on any of those examples so it's strange no one has trademarked it as part of their repertoire

Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
So what’s everyone getting? I’m going for the full slip, fits the movie the best imo and matches the steel’s color scheme best

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k

It looks great. The bowl look realistic. Hard to explain, it’s better in hand

It is strange that it's not seen more commonly among premium releases. I remember having a box standard Wreck it Ralph amaray release years ago which came with a lenticular slip and that had embossing on the title and then last year my 4K amaray release of Antman and the Wasp also had embossing on the title on the lenticular slip that that edition came with and yet like @Flloydo says the only premium release I know of that's ever done it is Blufans Finding Dory

I dont recall it effecting the quality of the lenticulars on any of those examples so it's strange no one has trademarked it as part of their repertoire

I was going to mention them but stuck with dory as it’s the only steel related package anyone has done it to. But quite a few of those Disney/ Pixar US or Canadian lenti o rings had the embossing on them. Also got the Wreck it Ralph one, execution is brilliant on them.

as i understand from website, blu-ray disc includes both theatrical and extended versions.

but, despite it gives 3 audio information, just gives 1 subtitle information!

mantAstar.jpg