Absinthe - anyone try this?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Absinthe.png
Curious ... I read a local article about it and 2 bars serve it close to me ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff, the real stuff, is great. Seem to get drawn to it every time im in Prague.
First time I tried green fairy, I blacked out, can't really remember much of the night. Remember going out, and remember waking up on a bench, outside a tube station just as they were opening in the morning...lol

You can only get the real stuff overseas. We had a few guys that tried it when we were in Germany. I didn't try it. I'm not a fan of the taste. I'll take some rauchbier straight from Bamberg any day over absinthe.

I was trying to get ahold of some grand wormwood so I could use it in a gruit beer

has nothing to do with trying to concentrate the thujone.. not at all :BS:

You can only get the real stuff overseas. We had a few guys that tried it when we were in Germany. I didn't try it. I'm not a fan of the taste. I'll take some rauchbier straight from Bamberg any day over absinthe.

if you didn't try it then how do you know you dont like the taste? :confused:

Jägermeister is delicious, no matter what you mix it with. When i travel to Germany i usually bring home a couple of bottles of Absinthe.

Guys! You should try some Stroh 80... :naughty:

Last edited:
Tried absinthe in a drink some times in a club here, tasted good, although I think it was the fake one. I was told one of the best brands is Obsello, from Spain. I wanna try it!

I drink it occasionally (when available) and prefer the french one La Fée Verte (Green Fairy), only a couple shots though, not the whole bottle :p prefer beer or bourbon for most of the night :D

Reactions: KD Scorp
I have tried many different versions of Absinthe.

There was a bottle brought over from Turkey, which was a mild 40%.

I had a gift pack of Absinthe Bottles many years ago which was 90% each, and they are nice.

But most recently, my mom and dad brought some 89.90% Absinthe back from spain with them. Love the taste! =]