Akira (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Akira Blu-ray SteelBook - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004QOT098/?tag=hidefnin-21

AkiraSteelBook3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has shipped from Amazon.UK

To quote the Beach Boys: "God only Knows" when it will get here due to the postal lockout :rolleyes:

Mine shipped yesterday. Shanester did you pay for postage or use the free 3-5 delivery ? I used the free option but still thought it would arrive tomoz which i doubt it will. Unlike Hmv where i got True Grit on the Friday not paying for postage

Mine shipped yesterday. Shanester did you pay for postage or use the free 3-5 delivery ? I used the free option but still thought it would arrive tomoz which i doubt it will. Unlike Hmv where i got True Grit on the Friday not paying for postage

I used the standard 7-10 business days shipping options

Yikes!EEK!

Just been in store into HMV to pick an extra copy of this up and it's £24.99 in-store compared to £17.99 online - almost 40% mark up!

I know this is supposed to genuinely 'limited' in availability, but there were over 15 copies in store and I can't believe they'll shift those at that price?...

Woah! That's expensive even for instore. I was loathe to pay £19.99 for True Grit but had to because they were sold out online but £24.99, well that's just taking the #!$$

Yikes!EEK!

Just been in store into HMV to pick an extra copy of this up and it's £24.99 in-store compared to £17.99 online - almost 40% mark up!

I know this is supposed to genuinely 'limited' in availability, but there were over 15 copies in store and I can't believe they'll shift those at that price?...

Woah! That's expensive even for instore. I was loathe to pay £19.99 for True Grit but had to because they were sold out online but £24.99, well that's just taking the #!$$

I hear you! :eek:

I did the same with regards True Grit and the extra £2 is pretty much the norm for HMV and I think a fair penalty to pay if you miss out online or want it instantly...

I have ordered from Amazon, but I just know I'm due a denter and wanted to get one or two extra copies in store...

Has been withdrawn from Amazon.co.uk temporarily and is Under Review, quote:
"This product is not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because a customer recently told us that the item he or she received was not as described.

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page."

This is what they did with HP 7.1 when it wasn't shrink-wrapped. My "Akira" was fine but not folks charging minimum £22 for it.

Yikes!EEK!

They still have them online at HMV, but not at Amazon atm

Last edited: