Aladdin (2019) (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase links: 4K - 3D
Price: £32.99 (4K) - £25.99 (3D)

12138261-1594692177189816.jpg
12138261-1174692176869725.jpg 12138262-6804692177521874.jpg 12138261-9864692177285660.jpg 12138261-8264692177401178.jpg
12138262-1334674017193363.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always prefer a matte finish because fullgloss steels are always prone to scratches and fingerprints.
It's more subtile to highlighting individual elements with spotgloss than simply cover the whole Steelbook with three layers of gloss varnish!

I always prefer a matte finish because fullgloss steels are always prone to scratches and fingerprints.
It's more subtile to highlighting individual elements with spotgloss than simply cover the whole Steelbook with three layers of gloss varnish!
Some people just like their steelbooks shiny all over and not much can be said to them about subtlety.

Gloss always brings out the colours more, makes it more vibrant. Nothing to do with it being shiny. I hate dull looking colours on steels and most mattes are dull. Very few are non streaky and vibrant nowadays. Obviously arrow always look decent and some smooth matte/ satin etc are nice

But most are streaky metallic washed out messes. Nothing annoys me more than too must streakyness and horrible metallic shines. So if gloss helps my eyes and takes away the metallic look then I’m all for gloss (or spot gloss when it’s a good amount and the matte counter part is a decent matte)

TBH I'm a fan of both and if the situation were different I'd be hard pushed to choose between them . . . but as I live in the UK the choice has been made for me as the cost of the US release + P&P would be over budget for a single WWA steelbook.

Showing as dispatched. Looking forward to receiving this one its been a while since I kept a pre order. Really slowed down with Steelbooks due to volume , lack of quality artwork and cost, but this one looks good.

My copy arrived this morning aswell, really surprised as I usually don’t get their WWA steelbooks early.

The steelbook itself has a nice zero finish and I can say after looking at it over, there’s definitely spot gloss on the title and lamp.

Overall very happy with this WWA steelbook from Disney :thumbs:

My copy arrived this morning aswell, really surprised as I usually don’t get their WWA steelbooks early.

The steelbook itself has a nice zero finish and I can say after looking at it over, there’s definitely spot gloss on the title and lamp.

Overall very happy with this WWA steelbook from Disney :thumbs:

I don't see spot-gloss on the lamp !!

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
This one turned out very nice. Nice embossing used but I can't tell if it is gloss that has been used, the whole thing has a silky finish. Whatever it is, I'm very pleased with it

I just finished watching this movie for the first time and I was just about to write exactly what you wrote in your Instagram post there about the acting and the parts. I thought Will Smith was perfect and I'm glad he wasn't over the top. Aladdin and Jasmine were well done and so was Jafar. Again, I'm glad that Jafar wasn't a maniacal over-the-top character either.

I enjoyed this. Well done!

The UK steelbook looks so much better than the NA steelbook.